Sponsored

Max Regen enaging/disengaging sound

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
I am hearing a clicking/Clunking sound (from under the chassis) when I release/engage the foot off and on the accelerator pedal while in Max Regen mode. Anyone experiencing this? Normal?
Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Mine only has about 700 miles but I haven't heard anything like that at all. I engage Max Regen all the time. My opinion is that doesn't sound right, but more folks can chime in that have more miles....

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Mine only has about 700 miles but I haven't heard anything like that at all. I engage Max Regen all the time. My opinion is that doesn't sound right, but more folks can chime in that have more miles....
I haven't noticed anything like that either... 3700 miles so far.

OP
OP

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
I haven't noticed anything like that either... 3700 miles so far.
Let me clarify, the sound is not heard when all windows are closed. The jeep needs to be in all-electric mode and Max Regen on.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
I understand. I have had windows open because it's been hot and I don't like the AC on and I haven't heard anything like what you are describing while driving. Is it possible for you to be able to somehow grab a sound file and post it so we have some idea what you are referring to?

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Let me clarify, the sound is not heard when all windows are closed. The jeep needs to be in all-electric mode and Max Regen on.
All of my driving around town is electric, windows down, max regen on. Enough so that I can hear the clicking issue when I make a turn (that's getting checked out on Monday). If mine was making this same noise, I would have noticed.

Marcosicpre

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler rubicon 4xe
I am hearing a clicking/Clunking sound (from under the chassis) when I release/engage the foot off and on the accelerator pedal while in Max Regen mode. Anyone experiencing this? Normal?
Also mine
Sponsored