First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 6MT Sport & 2023 JL 2 Door 6MT Sport
Occupation
Jeep Dealer Tech
Makes one wonder if FCA is waiting for the 23 MTs to get some time in customer hands, to make sure everything is good to go, before even considering shipping any 24 MTs...
I hate to tell you, but that didn't age well... (23 6MT 19A "Performed" at factory)
Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? IMG_3553
Sponsored

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Yup, one of at-least 3 I know of that are 23's built with the "fix" at the factory then go into limp mode and say service transmission on the cluster. Currently working with Tech Support and Engineers to figure out what's going on
Wow sorry to hear this. What a nightmare.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I Have bad news...

Just took delivery of out 6MT 2023 JL Sport, made post recall and with no recall against it (basically means it has the recall built in). Terrible news, the clutch feels just as sloppy, jerky, and inconstant as our 22 JT with the open recall. Sorry for the info... If you're happy with the clutch, it will be all good. Those who hate how it feels, go ahead and order you aftermarket clutch now lol.
I was never expecting them to improve the clutch feel/function in any way. That would require far more design revisions, approvals and time. They just need to change the minimum to keep it from failing to meet the recall.

I hate to tell you, but that didn't age well... (23 6MT 19A "Performed" at factory)
Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? IMG_3553
Well that sucks.

Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
I’m about to sell my 2016 2door Sport w/manual. I’m wanting a 2024 Willy’s 2door manual.

You guys scaring me 😂

I read a page or two, but can someone give me a heads up on what’s going on? Recall or what?

My shifter disconnected just months after taking delivery in my ‘16. Fixed under warranty. But then there was a recall so they redid it again. Zero issues since.

Is the current manual really that bad? Yes, I trail/off road mine. 80% probably overland “easy” stuff. 15% easy/mid trails. And may 5% mid/difficult. It’s not my thing to go hard core rock crawling. Just mostly “getting off the beat and path”.

PatG

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 jeep wrangler
I was never expecting them to improve the clutch feel/function in any way. That would require far more design revisions, approvals and time. They just need to change the minimum to keep it from failing to meet the recall.

Well that sucks.
20230802_211717.jpg

PatG

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 jeep wrangler
My 23 Rubicon with MT gave me the same code. Currently at the dealership and clutch is being pulled to evaluate. 3rd week now without my jeep as they are trying to get a fix.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I’m about to sell my 2016 2door Sport w/manual. I’m wanting a 2024 Willy’s 2door manual.

You guys scaring me 😂

I read a page or two, but can someone give me a heads up on what’s going on? Recall or what?

My shifter disconnected just months after taking delivery in my ‘16. Fixed under warranty. But then there was a recall so they redid it again. Zero issues since.

Is the current manual really that bad? Yes, I trail/off road mine. 80% probably overland “easy” stuff. 15% easy/mid trails. And may 5% mid/difficult. It’s not my thing to go hard core rock crawling. Just mostly “getting off the beat and path”.
Don’t stress the recall. I’ve had my
18 jlu manual transmission for five years now. Zero issues with the transmission. I’ve done over 10k miles over landing east to moderate trails. And have recently move into the 5% of the time doing level 7+ trails

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
My 23 Rubicon with MT gave me the same code. Currently at the dealership and clutch is being pulled to evaluate. 3rd week now without my jeep as they are trying to get a fix.
what is your point and why are you quoting me? doesn't seem to be in the same context of what I posted.
Sponsored