Manual transmission and Anti-spin Differential

Jeepybeepy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I recently ordered a sport S 2dr with the manual tranny but my buyer order does not mention the anti spin differential and the MSRP price does not account for the anti spin either. Doesn't the manual transmission require anti spin to be equipped when ordering and has this happened to anyone else? Also Jeep chat said that my vehicle will come with Michelin tires all season instead of the good year or bridgestone all terrain tires which also indicates that anti was not equipped.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I recently ordered a sport S 2dr with the manual tranny but my buyer order does not mention the anti spin differential and the MSRP price does not account for the anti spin either. Doesn't the manual transmission require anti spin to be equipped when ordering and has this happened to anyone else? Also Jeep chat said that my vehicle will come with Michelin tires all season instead of the good year or bridgestone all terrain tires which also indicates that anti was not equipped.
I don't know, but I think you ordered the fastest factory Jeep ever made. The 2 door sport with the 6 speed will not only be fast, but it also has nearly 50/50 weight distribution. That thing will drive and handle like a sports car, and at the same time be very impressive off road. If I had enough money for one more vehicle, that's what I'd have. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it after you drive it a bit.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The Limited Slip Differential LSD option is just that, an option. If you did not choose that option you will get All Season tires. If you chose that option you would get All Terrain tires. The LSD option is not part of having a manual transmission. It is completely separate.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
You need to order LSD option to get the D44 axle and A/T tires. Jeep was requiring the LSD option on the JLU with the 6MT. Not sure that is still the case though. There was speculation it was due to parts shortage. Possibly the rear driveshaft for the 6MT/D35 vs 6MT/D44.

OP
OP
Jeepybeepy

Jeepybeepy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure about this, a few people on the forums have stated that it is a requirement and when they were ordering their JL with the manual tranny the dealer told them that anti spin is mandatory for the manual.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
it was required for a long time but I don't know that it still is.

OP
OP
Jeepybeepy

Jeepybeepy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to order LSD option to get the D44 axle and A/T tires. Jeep was requiring the LSD option on the JLU with the 6MT. Not sure that is still the case though. There was speculation it was due to parts shortage. Possibly the rear driveshaft for the 6MT/D35.
That makes sense.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Are you sure about this, a few people on the forums have stated that it is a requirement and when they were ordering their JL with the manual tranny the dealer told them that anti spin is mandatory for the manual.
Lots of things were this way with the launch. I did option LSD on my Sahara. It was forcing me to choose the upgraded wheels at $895 that I did not want. My dealer set the AT tires to Bridgestone and it allowed him to option the LSD with the standard rim.

NOW I can add the LSD and choose either Goodyear or Bridgestone AT tires and not be forced to upgrade the wheels. This sucks because I really wanted the Goodyear AT tires.

So bottom line yes the configurations have have been forcing certain options in the past that they no longer force.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
The 2 door sport with the 6 speed will not only be fast, but it also has nearly 50/50 weight distribution. That thing will drive and handle like a sports car, and at the same time be very impressive off road.
Just to clear things up for anyone who might be gathering information off this forum, the 2 door Wrangler JL equipped with the six speed manual and LSD will not drive or handle like a sports car.

Definitely seems to have the fastest Wrangler 0 to 60 to date though. Back in the day my buddy took his YJ down the quarter mile in slc (RMR) with the top down and ran a 16 or 17. It was fun ruining or possibly making a lot of spectators nights racing a bunch of SUVs!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clear things up for anyone who might be gathering information off this forum, the 2 door Wrangler JL equipped with the six speed manual and LSD will not drive or handle like a sports car.

Definitely seems to have the fastest Wrangler 0 to 60 to date though. Back in the day my buddy took his YJ down the quarter mile in slc (RMR) with the top down and ran a 16 or 17. It was fun ruining or possibly making a lot of spectators nights racing a bunch of SUVs!
'
You might be surprised how it handles. It is light, and has 50/50 weight distribution and street tires. Compared to other Jeeps, I think it will be quite sporty.

Reactions: zyt

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
'
You might be surprised how it handles. It is light, and has 50/50 weight distribution and street tires. Compared to other Jeeps, I think it will be quite sporty.
There's more to a sports car than an even f/r weight distribution. Solid axles are flat out the worst road handling suspension around, two tons isn't light, and nobody's setting nurburgring records with a center of gravity this high.

It won't be road sporty in any objective sense, that's just silly. But it should be fun to top out second gear, so there's that!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's more to a sports car than an even f/r weight distribution. Solid axles are flat out the worst road handling suspension around, two tons isn't light, and nobody's setting nurburgring records with a center of gravity this high.

It won't be road sporty in any objective sense, that's just silly. But it should be fun to top out second gear, so there's that!
Nurburgring? Lol! You are taking it way too seriously. Lighten up, Francis. Comparatively, say to my Rubicon, it will feel like a sports car. My point was that this thing will be a hoot to drive. I still think it might surprise you. Let's hear from the OP when he gets it.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Plus I don't believe you can get the LSD on a Rubicon, only Sahara and Sport.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus I don't believe you can get the LSD on a Rubicon, only Sahara and Sport.
Reason being the Rubicon's rear Dana 44 is a substantial upgrade over the LSD axle. The Rubicon rear axle is an HD Dana 44 with 4.10 axle gears and an electronic locker. That's all superior to a (non HD?) Dana 44 with 3.45's and a limited slip differential.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nurburgring? Lol! You are taking it way too seriously. Lighten up, Francis. Comparatively, say to my Rubicon, it will feel like a sports car. My point was that this thing will be a hoot to drive. I still think it might surprise you. Let's hear from the OP when he gets it.
Hey man it seemed like a silly yet serious post so I just wanted to help clarify! Cheers
Sponsored