spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

Which are the must do trails in the area.
Heading up there at the end of the month.
Sponsored

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
Buttermilk loop, Movie flats and the Reward Mine are located south near Lone Pine, it’s too hot now for any of the Owen Valley’s drive, best to wait for the fall.

Near Mammoth- Deadman Pass, Laurel Lakes.
Near Tom’s Place- Sand Canon, Wheeler Ridge
To the north above Conway Summit-Copper Mountain, Kavanaugh Ridge, Dunderberg Meadow Road. Bodie (there are three way to get there of Hwy 395) and Masonic mining area to the north.

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
For an easy scenic trail, just did the Mono Lake through Bodie a couple days ago, to the top of Masonic Mountain with some stops along the way.....link to our Gaia Track if you want to use it.... https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=10.4/-119.1801/38.2021&trackId=db982fc6b1892456a9dc7a4bb7e80479

Obligatory photo op at Bodie Ghost Town, if you are just "passing through" let Ranger know and they will not charge you the $8 per person to enter the park, been there many times, so we skipped it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mammoth area trails IMG_2341

Chemung Mine.....hike around and find the old mine shafts and it will feel like you are standing in front of your freezer with the door open.....great on a hot day! Opening is pretty much sealed off about 5 feet in with wooden fence, rest of abandoned mine and town is wide open, visit with caution, as no one maintains any of the structures
Jeep Wrangler JL Mammoth area trails IMG_2452

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Which are the must do trails in the area.
Heading up there at the end of the month.
If you have the 8.4 screen with the off-road pages your navigation will have all the trails mapped out for you ...all sorts of fun little trails off of Mammoth Scenic Loop
we hit that spot up on our way home from picking up our new Jeep in Idaho back in April
Jeep Wrangler JL Mammoth area trails IMG_9263.JPG

also, be sure to check out the Alabama Hills on the way up there or on the way home....It's ten minutes off of 395 outside of Lone Pine...place is really cool

Jeep Wrangler JL Mammoth area trails IMG_9248.JPG

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the 8.4 screen with the off-road pages your navigation will have all the trails mapped out for you ...
I have not seen how you access off road trails on the Uconnect system....are you just using the regular Maps display? Off-road pages is just pitch/roll, accessory gauges and driveline info, no trail map info that I have seen, what am I doing wrong? Today I just use GAIA on an iPad.....but would love to learn another way to do this!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I have not seen how you access off road trails on the Uconnect system....are you just using the regular Maps display? Off-road pages is just pitch/roll, accessory gauges and driveline info, no trail map info that I have seen, what am I doing wrong? Today I just use GAIA on an iPad.....but would love to learn another way to do this!
yes, the Jeeps nav/maps will have the trails mapped for you....at least it did in my 2021 with the 8.4

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
gaia has apple car play support, I have an iPad mini with mount etc but been preferring using car play if planning routes ahead etc.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
For an easy scenic trail, just did the Mono Lake through Bodie a couple days ago, to the top of Masonic Mountain with some stops along the way.....link to our Gaia Track if you want to use it.... https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=10.4/-119.1801/38.2021&trackId=db982fc6b1892456a9dc7a4bb7e80479

Obligatory photo op at Bodie Ghost Town, if you are just "passing through" let Ranger know and they will not charge you the $8 per person to enter the park, been there many times, so we skipped it.

Chemung Mine.....hike around and find the old mine shafts and it will feel like you are standing in front of your freezer with the door open.....great on a hot day! Opening is pretty much sealed off about 5 feet in with wooden fence, rest of abandoned mine and town is wide open, visit with caution, as no one maintains any of the structures
Man, its been a long time since I been there. Did a ATV trip a few years back to Aurora NV which is just up the road from there.

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
gaia has apple car play support, I have an iPad mini with mount etc but been preferring using car play if planning routes ahead etc.
I've tried to get the GAIA map to display on Uconnect (have the 8.4" with CarPlay) and while I can see the app and can select it, the screen just comes up black or blank with no map displayed. I've resorted to just using the iPad from the passenger/navigator side and guide the driver that way.....Uconnect usually is on front camera so she can see what is right in front of the Jeep with Uconnect anyway.

Tried using Uconnect nav this weekend too, not very useful IMHO, so sticking with satellite view on GAIA, so far best solution for us.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've tried to get the GAIA map to display on Uconnect (have the 8.4" with CarPlay) and while I can see the app and can select it, the screen just comes up black or blank with no map displayed. I've resorted to just using the iPad from the passenger/navigator side and guide the driver that way.....Uconnect usually is on front camera so she can see what is right in front of the Jeep with Uconnect anyway.

Tried using Uconnect nav this weekend too, not very useful IMHO, so sticking with satellite view on GAIA, so far best solution for us.
Hmm.. odd mine works with iphone se and latest updates on the 7" screen.

See you are in Chatsworth, if you see a big punkn jeep wave hi. :)
Sponsored