Making functional Hood Vents....maybe?

Pumping4Jane

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I see no problem with the battery getting wet. When detailing any vehicle, I routinely "Simple Green" my battery and, after a light scrubbing, give it a hose rinse. Never had a problem. Your fuses and modules are enclosed in a manufacturer's housing and should not get wet even when directly spraying with a garden hose.

Honestly, if you are that concerned (and with the minimal amount of gain you would see from this open vent mod) I probably would leave it as-is.

I personally prefer function and any realized gains over "eye candy".
Sponsored

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Would Frogskins work to keep water/debris out? Came across these on forum discussing wiring up an ARB compressor inside a Leitner box. Looks like people vent snowmobile hoods with them...
That could be a good idea, put frogzskin or Gore-tex between the vent and trim ring on the Poison Spyder vents

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
When driving down the highway in the rain, your entire engine bay is getting wet. The electronics on all modern vehicles are designed for this, the Wrangler even more so. The water excuse is not valid. Heck, you can take your hood entirely off, and you would be fine.
Sponsored