Sponsored

Magnaflow Vs Borla Cat-Back

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Considering on replacing the stock exhaust with either a Magnaflow or Borla cat-back and trying to gauge what seems to be better.

Northridge 4x4 still offering their $250 gift card with Magnaflow purchase (could definitely offset an intake purchase). Additionally I’ve hear the idle and climbing noise produced by the MF, which is right around where I want it. Finally, it keeps things street legal which is big for me

As for Borla, no discounts added, however they seem a bit more tried and true across the internet and these forums. The noise adds just enough aggression while keeping the clean under belly look I want.

Hoping to gauge some thoughts from people here
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’m also interested in this.
I don’t like obnoxiously loud exhaust, but I can’t hear my 2.0 at all unless I kick the turbo.
Too many rounds downrange, I reckon.
Still, I like to have an audial connection with the engine.
I also wonder if less exhaust back pressure still means more powerful and fuel-efficient, as it always used to.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned both of those brands, and either will be a good choice. But, a $250 discount surely points you to one over the other. :like:

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
Considering on replacing the stock exhaust with either a Magnaflow or Borla cat-back and trying to gauge what seems to be better.

Northridge 4x4 still offering their $250 gift card with Magnaflow purchase (could definitely offset an intake purchase). Additionally I’ve hear the idle and climbing noise produced by the MF, which is right around where I want it. Finally, it keeps things street legal which is big for me

As for Borla, no discounts added, however they seem a bit more tried and true across the internet and these forums. The noise adds just enough aggression while keeping the clean under belly look I want.

Hoping to gauge some thoughts from people here
I had the Borla and it was too loud for my liking as a DD. I live where there are a lot of hills and canyons and it was just too loud when going up any sustained hill, really droned loudly. Loved it on the flats and around town, sounded great for flat road driving. The quality and stainless steel are first rate. I considered modifying it to try and figure out a way to add the resonator back in, but switched back to stock for now.

I may try the AFE high tuck axle back exhaust when they become available.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you were looking to add some sound without affecting your Jeep's driveability and cabin comfort, you can't go wrong with one of our Street Series catbacks. They can be installed easily with basic hand tools in your garage and make a HUGE improvement to the tone and overall appearance of the Jeep!
Sponsored