Sponsored

Borla Cat Back Exhaust review

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
It sounds good in the high RPMs but how about some video of around town driving? That's usually where they sound sorta funky.

JLU4TJ

Just got this Borla S-type cat-back installed. Loving the sound so far!! Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Great Video Review!!

Question for you...it appeared to come with the new muffler and some other pipe that likely leads up to the manifold. In the video you said it was "just a few screws to install the muffler" so does that mean the other hardware that was in the box wasn't used? Confirming you simply installed just the new muffler and nothing else?

Trying to gauge the effort level here...haven't done this before and trying to figure out if I candors it or if I'll need help. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Great Video Review!!

Question for you...it appeared to come with the new muffler and some other pipe that likely leads up to the manifold. In the video you said it was "just a few screws to install the muffler" so does that mean the other hardware that was in the box wasn't used? Confirming you simply installed just the new muffler and nothing else?

Trying to gauge the effort level here...haven't done this before and trying to figure out if I candors it or if I'll need help. Thanks
Thanks!! It came with one clamp with a bolt, you reuse one of the two. It is really easy. The hardest part is getting the muffler of the hangers. Just use some wd40 and a pry bar or tire irons and they pop right off. I used tire irons and a 2x4 for leverage.

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
It sounds good in the high RPMs but how about some video of around town driving? That's usually where they sound sorta funky.
Yeah I should have got some sound clips of that. It’s not rice rocket, sounds like a M3 to me. Pretty quiet unless you get on it.

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Still wondering if I should have waited for the atack.

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Have to say guys this is my favorite mod ever! I love the sound of this exhaust!!

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the S Type for my 2019 JLUR with the 3.6L and removed it a few days later and installed the Touring model. On mine, between 1600 and 1800 (or so) RPMs, it was very loud and reverberated in the cabin badly. At idle, it sounded great and also when cruising, but I hit that RPM range far too often and when combined with the rooftop buffeting (I think I have a solution for that part), for me, it was intolerable.

I love the touring model.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Are you still liking this exhaust? I think I was watching one of your You Tube videos over the weekend where you had to winch your Jeep out of the snow and I could hear the exhaust and liked it. So, I did some investigating and found this thread. TIA
Sponsored