Lower outboard shock mounts

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
So, i ordered the lower shock mounts from metalclock. I put them on and come to find out, not only do they move the shock outward, the new shock mount is an inch higher. I lost an inch of uptravel. I put these on for one because i noticed at full droop my shocks were hitting the frame rail really bad. Secondly, Bad enough that i was concerned about the shaft bending over time.

Is there any other outboard lower shock mount that keeps the shock mount even with factory, hell I'd even be okay if it was a half inch lower. I wish someone had upper mounts that would raise the upper mount half an inch. Am i just dreaming or asking for too much?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So, i ordered the lower shock mounts from metalclock. I put them on and come to find out, not only do they move the shock outward, the new shock mount is an inch higher. I lost an inch of uptravel. I put these on for one because i noticed at full droop my shocks were hitting the frame rail really bad. Secondly, Bad enough that i was concerned about the shaft bending over time.

Is there any other outboard lower shock mount that keeps the shock mount even with factory, hell I'd even be okay if it was a half inch lower. I wish someone had upper mounts that would raise the upper mount half an inch. Am i just dreaming or asking for too much?
The MCs I tried were more like 1-1/2” higher, and I didn’t want to loose that much up travel. These work great for me..........EVO.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lower outboard shock mounts 3BDD52D7-8F75-4CFD-B182-A19F43C98032

Jeep Wrangler JL Lower outboard shock mounts 16372F6E-107D-4B53-847E-F9C5003D3390

OP
OP

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
Yep that's what I'm going to have to do. It's the one part i didn't do enough research on.

Thank you for your help

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Just curious, how close to fully collapsed are your shocks when fully stuffed?

OP
OP

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
Just curious, how close to fully collapsed are your shocks when fully stuffed?
Honestly right now I'm not sure. Put new bump stops in and adjusted the lowers. Playing with it but I'm hoping to be 1/2" or a hair less from fully collapsed.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly right now I'm not sure. Put new bump stops in and adjusted the lowers. Playing with it but I'm hoping to be 1/2" or a hair less from fully collapsed.
Once you get your bumpstop spacing dialed in to turn lock to lock while stuffed and not rub, you'll be able to determine if the front lower relocation brackets will help or not. If they can fit without fully collapsing the shocks, than you can take advantage of the added down travel. If they do interfere, than it's better to get the brackets that Roky has, which will shift the shocks outward from the frame without loosing the up travel and risking damage to them.

OP
OP

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
Once you get your bumpstop spacing dialed in to turn lock to lock while stuffed and not rub, you'll be able to determine if the front lower relocation brackets will help or not. If they can fit without fully collapsing the shocks, than you can take advantage of the added down travel. If they do interfere, than it's better to get the brackets that Roky has, which will shift the shocks outward from the frame without loosing the up travel and risking damage to them.
Thank you. I know how to set it all up, i just haven't had time to mess with it. The new bumps are longer so i took away the lower bump to account for it, but that doesn't always work. So i need to make sure. The new bump may not collapse as much.
Sponsored