Sponsored

Lower control arm replacement

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I installed the AEV 2.5" lift, and it comes with geometry correction brackets.

I now have got some new (adjustable) upper and lower control arms ready to be installed. Should I remove the geometry correction brackets, and just install the new control arms?

Also, any suggestions on how to align the axle after installation?

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.55.49 pm.png
Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
You should be able to continue using the correction brackets with the new arms. The brackets will give a smoother ride vs without them but they're more likely to get hung up on obstacles like in your photo.

Normally if you buy the arms with a kit they will give you recommended lengths but they aren't going to be of much use in this case. You're going to need to take it to a shop for an alignment afterwards. Make sure they set the pinion angle correctly. They might even be able to give you some additional castor for improved stability if you keep the brackets.

OP
OP
discobean

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You should be able to continue using the correction brackets with the new arms. The brackets will give a smoother ride vs without them but they're more likely to get hung up on obstacles like in your photo.

Normally if you buy the arms with a kit they will give you recommended lengths but they aren't going to be of much use in this case. You're going to need to take it to a shop for an alignment afterwards. Make sure they set the pinion angle correctly. They might even be able to give you some additional castor for improved stability if you keep the brackets.
Never thought about the better handling with the brackets.. good point

I've never hit them on any trails, so they have been pretty good imo. Might have to keep them which will make for an easier install to just stick with the OEM arm lengths.
Sponsored