Love my new Rocks Slide Engineering Step

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I like the RSE retractable steps, but I just can't get past the weight of them. 300lbs with their skids.
Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Did you do the install yourself? I want to get some, but with all the stories of broken body bolts I'm not sure I want to tackle the install.
I agree these are fantastic. I did not want to take the install with the body bolt issues either. I had 4WP install them and it cost 4 hours of labor. I feel alright about that though as it actually took them about 6 hours to install and they'd done it numerous times.
I had mine installed as well and was informed that the body mount bolts broke on both sides. Glad I didn't attempt the install as they were doing a lot of other work for me at the same time. One warning they told me when I picked it up was to power wash the open channels after going offroad and then hit the joints with a lubricant, like WD-40. I like the switch that I can keep them from going down in rocky terrain if needed. So much easier for the wife and I to get in the Jeep now. Worth the money and I wish I did this when I bought it!