Rock Slide Engineering Step Slides Manual Transmission

Tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Man I don’t know how you could make such a fairly easy install so difficult. Do what you wish but mine have been installed and working great now for three years. I did not remove a fender, I did not have to take the plugs apart. I did not have to use an aux switch, I did not have to go and buy extra plugs etc etc. I used simple tools and took a day. I am on the incompetent end of mechanically inclined as well.
I agree I'm just trying to find a simple way into the engine bay for my wiring. With a manual transmission the driver side grommets are used by the clutch, RSE said to use the same grommet as the main wiring harness for the jeep (seems super risky), and sounds like to get to the passenger side grommet on the engine side of the firewall seems to be a pain, using the aux 1 or 2 40amp source seems to be the easiest source of power but I run the risk of aux issues or aux battery issues, and the last thing I want to do is start drilling holes. Not sure the route I'm going to take. I just wish the guys at RSE would have thought of us with manual transmissions, eventhough we are in the minority.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just to level set, the passenger side grommet is not a pain to get to. Pulling the flare is a 10 minute job

Tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just to level set, the passenger side grommet is not a pain to get to. Pulling the flare is a 10 minute job
I completely understand it looks very straightforward from the videos, pain wasn't a good word to use I just don't like the idea of pulling off a fender of a 60k+ JT to install a near 2k rockslider step. I think I was just expecting a little more foresight from jeep or RSE for the manual transmissions.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I agree I'm just trying to find a simple way into the engine bay for my wiring. With a manual transmission the driver side grommets are used by the clutch, RSE said to use the same grommet as the main wiring harness for the jeep (seems super risky), and sounds like to get to the passenger side grommet on the engine side of the firewall seems to be a pain, using the aux 1 or 2 40amp source seems to be the easiest source of power but I run the risk of aux issues or aux battery issues, and the last thing I want to do is start drilling holes. Not sure the route I'm going to take. I just wish the guys at RSE would have thought of us with manual transmissions, eventhough we are in the minority.
unless something has change there are only two places to hook into the aux switches. 1) by the battery and 2) inside the Jeep right by the glove box. If you are going to use an aux right by the glovebox then you are basically 5 minutes away from just going through the firewall with a hole already there and connect directly to the battery.
it is not needed to go through the firewall. Not sure why you would even chance scratching your fender or breaking the plastic clips when literally you can get through the firewall without it. I didn’t even remove my tire and got through it. You are adding way more to the job than needs to be. I guess maybe because I am limited in my technical ability I would rather make a job easier rather than more work.

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I completely understand it looks very straightforward from the videos, pain wasn't a good word to use I just don't like the idea of pulling off a fender of a 60k+ JT to install a near 2k rockslider step. I think I was just expecting a little more foresight from jeep or RSE for the manual transmissions.
At least you got ahold of them. I left messages and emails when I was stumped and got nothing.
Sponsored