marctx

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
One of the best investments I've made so far for my 19' JLU

Did you do the install yourself? I want to get some, but with all the stories of broken body bolts I'm not sure I want to tackle the install.

OP
OP
Pattyolc

Pattyolc

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Granite Crystal
My husband installed it in December..Been using it for a month and it's been extremely cold down here.. all is good.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I did Ace sliders. I used an air impact wrench to get the body bolts out. I still question the need to heat the bolts, but I did put a propane torch on the front bolts (the ones with red loctite) for 5 minutes prior to hitting it with the impact wrench. No guarantees of course, but my bolts came right out. I replaced them with new bolts.

These steps look really nice. I’m pretty sure these are the ones the guy I bought my Ace sliders from was installing. I didn’t look it up, but these are like $1800? I’d figure another $200-$300 for a professional install if you don’t want to tackle it yourself.

OP
OP
Pattyolc

Pattyolc

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Granite Crystal
I’m hiding these from my wife. I have $2k of other goodies I want to get first.
LOL,, easy to spend when it comes to our jeeps.. Have to order my rear bumper and LED's this week

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
I agree these are fantastic. I did not want to take the install with the body bolt issues either. I had 4WP install them and it cost 4 hours of labor. I feel alright about that though as it actually took them about 6 hours to install and they'd done it numerous times.

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I'd like those. I have the $ and was ready to go...but then remembered my experience with my Expedition power extending running boards. Lots of $$$ to keep getting them fixed, had to replace the whole motor & mount once because my son somehow managed to get a steel shovel handle between the step and body and then closed the door. It crushed the handle, but it wasn't supposed to, so they replaced the whole motor/sensor body. I am going with LOD steps instead. Probably not as nice for entering/exiting, but good enough and still good for offroad, and no worries about another electrical connection.