Lost backup camera guide lines

Rebicon

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4-Door
My dealer confirmed that Jeep has finally acknowledged that this is a software issue & that they DO NOT have a patch ready for this version of the software yet. (Super!) Supposedly the dealers are being asked to collect customer information so we can be contacted when one comes out. So... as annoying as it is, I think those of us with the latest software versions are stuck waiting it out for a bit. :/ (I replied to your comment specifically since I have a 2021 HA Sahara JL as well - thought the info might be helpful)
Just got off the phone with the Uconnect agent assigned to my case and she pretty much said the same thing. They're aware of the issue, they're working to get it fixed, they have no estimated completion date, and those who have reported the issue will get notified when the software update is available. And it may be an over the air update, or may need the dealership to install the update.

My advice to those who have the lines randomly disappearing, call Uconnect and have them open a case. Maybe the more claims they get it will help expedite the update. At the very least it gets you on a list so you will be notified when it's available.

Here's the number: 1-800-826-6632
Sponsored

Gabe973

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I have a 2021 Sahara and received an OTA update on July 3. The lines have worked every time since the update…at least so far. This is by far the longest that they’ve gone without disappearing.

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
I have a 2021 Sahara and received an OTA update on July 3. The lines have worked every time since the update…at least so far. This is by far the longest that they’ve gone without disappearing.
Had you contacted Uconnect any before receiving the update?

Tonyz3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler high altitude
I have a 2021 Sahara unlimited and got an update around the same time that corrected my issues so far. Never contacted them before

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to @JeepCares I was able to get a case number, and an appointment to go in to the dealer on Wednesday to get the head unit updated.

Sponsored

dennis2society

First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with the Uconnect agent assigned to my case and she pretty much said the same thing. They're aware of the issue, they're working to get it fixed, they have no estimated completion date, and those who have reported the issue will get notified when the software update is available. And it may be an over the air update, or may need the dealership to install the update.

My advice to those who have the lines randomly disappearing, call Uconnect and have them open a case. Maybe the more claims they get it will help expedite the update. At the very least it gets you on a list so you will be notified when it's available.

Here's the number: 1-800-826-6632
Thanks! I have a case number now.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
I have a 2021 Willys and just got the update over weekend. So excited that i created thread below. Backup lines haven't disappeared for 48 hours. fingers crossed.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-10th-fixed-backup-lines.75605/#post-1574358
That's good news indeed.

I also have a 2021 Willys with backup cam guidelines disappearing. I reported my case to Jeep Care yesterday via email and received a nice reply from Jacklyn who forwarded it to a Case Manager. Should hear something back next couple of days, and I'm hoping the fix will be an OTA update like yours.

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
That's good news indeed.

I also have a 2021 Willys with backup cam guidelines disappearing. I reported my case to Jeep Care yesterday via email and received a nice reply from Jacklyn who forwarded it to a Case Manager. Should hear something back next couple of days, and I'm hoping the fix will be an OTA update like yours.
I've sent 2 messages to @JeepCares and havent received any correspondence from them. Guess I will just have to contact the dealer. Hope they get you fixed. :)

Sponsored

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
I've sent 2 messages to @JeepCares and havent received any correspondence from them. Guess I will just have to contact the dealer. Hope they get you fixed. :)
Update: Received a call from the Case Manager yesterday that an OTA patch to fix the backup cam on my Jeep would be released late July-early August. And going by the feedback on this blog and others, patch appears to fix the problem so far.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Received a call from the Case Manager yesterday that an OTA patch to fix the backup cam on my Jeep would be released late July-early August. And going by the feedback on this blog and others, patch appears to fix the problem so far.
Got a call today, should expect the OTA update in the next few days

ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Got a call today, should expect the OTA update in the next few days
Did they say it was just going to your Jeep or rolling out to everyone affected?

I opened a case with Uconnect weeks ago and still haven’t received the update:(

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did they say it was just going to your Jeep or rolling out to everyone affected?

I opened a case with Uconnect weeks ago and still haven’t received the update:(
They didn’t say.