Lost backup camera guide lines

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I just got a call from Uconnect Customer Care who said the 4xe has a known issue with its backup camera guidelines and that a software update (either OTA or USB, not sure yet) is expected to be released by the end of June. I will provide an update if/when it gets released or I get more info.
I hope you are being given the correct information from Uconnect Customer Care . My problems have just escalated from a blue screen to total system failure over the last three (3) years.

I was told something similar 3 years ago from Uconnect Customer Care. Yet here I am today with five (5) videos of escalating Uconnect failure and no resolution from Uconnect Customer Care. Keep in mind the failures occur so often I was able to capture them on video. I now drive my jeep with my Apple AirPods Pro.

Basically LIP SERVICE.....
Sponsored

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Not sure I buy that. The fact that they are calling it a 4xe problem, when this thread shows that it is clearly more than that lead me to believe they still have no idea what is going on. I hope they are right (my 4xe has lines maybe 25% of the time), but my optimism is low.
I think that this or a similar problem has occurred before but perhaps for different reasons with different models. And maybe right now the flurry of complaint activity relates to primarily to 4xe models which have a pretty unique electronics package? Eager to give the benefit of the doubt.

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I think that this or a similar problem has occurred before but perhaps for different reasons with different models. And maybe right now the flurry of complaint activity relates to primarily to 4xe models which have a pretty unique electronics package? Eager to give the benefit of the doubt.
I agree you JEEP has unique electronics package, I answered multiple threads which started the same way as mine. This has been an on going problem FCA has ignored for quite a while on the JL. I have the Rubicon 2.0 Turbo, but the same problem is showing on threads in all of the JL's .

I hope you have a quick resolution as it pertains to your specific unique electronics package.

bdubya74

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Pathfinder, 1966 Pontiac Tempest
Joining the party apparently. JLUW is a week old and no more backup lines. I’ll do the reboot and cross my fingers. Do the 7” screens suffer from this as well?

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I even lost view last night when I back up, now Just back from dealer, they reset it to make the guideline back, hope it will not disappear again

Sponsored

Tonyz3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler high altitude
I have been watching this thread for a week now and just jumping in line as my week old JL high alt started doing this 2 days ago. the lines have been coming and going by themselves and I thought it was just my imagination at first ( were they really there or not... lol) The last 2 days I was trying to keep a list of things I was doing when it happens.
  • changed a setting on the front collision setting
  • been using the USB in the middle arm for Android auto (also rec the error my phone not supported a few times but after a few mins it pops on)
  • disconnected the USB/android auto and the line came back but that could have been from the car sitting off for a few hours before that.
  • So I did the two-button reset this morning (for the 1st time after reading it here) and they were on as soon as the boot came on.
  • A few hours later my wife used the jeep for the first time and connected the phone to BT for the first time. (but then put it in reverse and the lines were gone again.
Spoke to my sales man this morning about it and he wants me to go to the service dept. I told him I will just monitor it for now and contact him if anything gets worse (complete loss of the camera, etc) I will have them check it at the first svc appt in a few mths.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I hear you and let me put a little context around this issue.
It is my belief that this is with the 8.4” Uconnect system and the issue is not three years old. Someone mentioned that and there was a past issue, but that seems to have gone away. I found this thread (maybe another thread too?) and asked if it were a dead thread and people started to respond. I believe this is a new issue unrelated to the three old start of this thread.
I’m fully prepared to make a big ‘ol fuss about this issue and go to the dealer every time it happens out of principle as my dealer is only 5 miles away. It’s is disappointing that the dealers are not aware of this issue and FCA is not addressing quickly.

Here is what I sent to my dealer and how they jacked up mine by a factory reset. Oh. Don’t forget about your settings and radio stations resetting after they are done practicing with it.

Here was my message to the dealer on 3/20/21 when I took Jeep in for repairs.
I was sent home with a crippled 2021 Jeep with 350 miles. The following did not work:

Off road pages gone
AC unable to control temperature (only show Hi/Lo)
Backup camera unavailable in controls
HomeLink does not work.

I was told that it may resolve itself and that I would need to bring it back another day to have it fixed.
-
it did not resolve itself and I searched the forums and found the reboot process. Been using it since, but does not help with the frustration.

Not sure if we have means for a class action suit, but I would entertain one.

Let us know of your decision and progress
A class action suit because the freakin lines went away? And the damages to you are $$$$? Good luck with that one. This has to be one of the dumbest thoughts on here!

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
A class action suit because the freakin lines went away? And the damages to you are $$$$? Good luck with that one. This has to be one of the dumbest thoughts on here!
I disagree. We paid for this and it doesn't work. It seems Jeep has known about this for at least 3 years and done nothing but promise a fix "next quarter" for 3 years. The damages are the amount we paid to have a functional system and any expenses people have paid to have it fixed without it actually being fixed. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not about to be the one to start a lawsuit, but I think it would have a chance of success and if someone else started one, I'd seriously consider joining. When I buy something, I have a reasonable expectation that it will work and if it does not work that the manufacturer will fix it. So far Jeep has failed on both ends of that.

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I disagree. We paid for this and it doesn't work. It seems Jeep has known about this for at least 3 years and done nothing but promise a fix "next quarter" for 3 years. The damages are the amount we paid to have a functional system and any expenses people have paid to have it fixed without it actually being fixed. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not about to be the one to start a lawsuit, but I think it would have a chance of success and if someone else started one, I'd seriously consider joining. When I buy something, I have a reasonable expectation that it will work and if it does not work that the manufacturer will fix it. So far Jeep has failed on both ends of that.
I truly agree. Mine was reset to work at dealer this morning, not working same afternoon...

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Good evening to all,

A few days ago I started speaking with Courtney @ Jeep cares.

I had received the first over the air update to the UCONNECT System, earlier this year.and I had multiple problems with the software as seen in the videos I posted..

I wanted to update you of the progress since the second Over the air download was completed yesterday for my Uconnect system.

Fingers crossed, the system now seems to be operating 100% better then before this second update.

all of the problems in the videos Seem to be resolved, only time will tell for certain, I do drive a considerable amount and all systems seem to be working and they should be..

I will keep everyone posted but I do feel like my conversation with Courtney @ Jeep cares definitely had an impact on the software being pushed out over the air in my jeep.

.I am very appreciative as this is the first time in over a year that I’ve been able to listen to the radio, back up with the camera, or simply listen to XM without intermittent interruptions from the sound going in and out.

Again I will keep y’all posted, however this second update seems to have performed miracles on my Uconnect system.

you can check your software version.
See instructions on how to check.

below is my current version as of today.

Tim

BC458B21-9377-4AE3-AFD6-E2BD6F35EF14.jpeg

43017864-BF65-485E-BCF4-B22DD82FDB29.jpeg

24F102EB-736C-474D-B026-FD86C8E2AB6E.png

Sponsored

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Picked up my brand new Jeep on the 25th....have the latest uconnect and have the lines half the time I've driven it.
It’s my understanding that FCA Uconnect have to send a download to your individual vehicle by Vin number. There are 3 downloads over the air, the first didn’t help. This was my second over the air download and it seems to have worked.

Look at the pictures I sent above I received the 2 nd software update just two days ago. The instructions on how to get your software version are also on the pictures above check and see if you actually have the latest version.

I hope this helps you!

98E359CC-C4BC-423F-9E3C-9A6F487ECF8E.png

619A792F-EC2B-4D51-B14D-7EDF18864E9B.jpeg

806ECBF0-8A4C-4BA9-A082-D3E9EA3DF30A.jpeg

1D485922-3F7C-45BE-BD67-9AA075D37D03.jpeg

F2F705B1-CB48-4B05-AAD8-458CCAE6263A.jpeg

BA067087-4F09-4CDD-994A-8D059340FE2B.jpeg

rarceneaux

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
So my software is at version 20 and your picture shows version 21. Do you have to call to get the software version released or is there a wat to kick it off.

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Good evening to all,

I had received the first over the air update to the UCONNECT System, earlier this year.and I had multiple problems with the software as seen in the videos I posted..

I wanted to update you of the progress since the second Over the air download was completed yesterday for my Uconnect system.

Fingers crossed, the system now seems to be operating 100% better then before this second update.

all of the problems in the videos Seem to be resolved, only time will tell for certain, I do drive a considerable amount and all systems seem to be working and they should be..

I will keep everyone posted but I do feel like my conversation with Courtney @ Jeep cares definitely had an impact on the software being pushed out over the air in my jeep.

.I am very appreciative as this is the first time in over a year that I’ve been able to listen to the radio, back up with the camera, or simply listen to XM without intermittent interruptions from the sound going in and out.

Again I will keep y’all posted, however this second update seems to have performed miracles on my Uconnect system.

Tim

BC458B21-9377-4AE3-AFD6-E2BD6F35EF14.jpeg

43017864-BF65-485E-BCF4-B22DD82FDB29.jpeg

24F102EB-736C-474D-B026-FD86C8E2AB6E.png
Good evening to all,

Tim

Jeep Wrangler JL Lost backup camera guide lines BA067087-4F09-4CDD-994A-8D059340FE2B

Jeep Wrangler JL Lost backup camera guide lines BA067087-4F09-4CDD-994A-8D059340FE2B

Hi Tim, thanks for posting, mine said software updated but is version 20, how can I get yours version 21? Uconnect assist? Or any number need call? Thanks again.
Sponsored