Lost backup camera guide lines

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
Welcome to the club and sorry. I picked up my 2nd JL last week and the BU lines were not there on the lot. I showed them and the dealer was like, hmmmm.....

Do the 'ol reboot and they will return... Until they do not again.
Thanks for the tip on the reboot. Fixed it for now. While they may wind up intermittient, at least there is a 'kinda fix'.
Sponsored

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I have an appointment with my dealer on Monday to have an unrelated issue looked at and I can't decide whether to mention the back up camera lines or not. My 4xe is a month old with less than 1000 miles. On the one hand, mentioning it early and often could be helpful if it were to ever end up in a Lemon Law situation, on the other hand, I really don't want them screwing around with the electronics when I know that can't actually fix it. I really just want them to note somewhere that it is a problem and then leave it alone until the OTA fix comes out (I'm telling myself that that will actually happen at some point although I'm not sure I believe it given that this is a known issue for over 3 years).

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
I have an appointment with my dealer on Monday to have an unrelated issue looked at and I can't decide whether to mention the back up camera lines or not. My 4xe is a month old with less than 1000 miles. On the one hand, mentioning it early and often could be helpful if it were to ever end up in a Lemon Law situation, on the other hand, I really don't want them screwing around with the electronics when I know that can't actually fix it. I really just want them to note somewhere that it is a problem and then leave it alone until the OTA fix comes out (I'm telling myself that that will actually happen at some point although I'm not sure I believe it given that this is a known issue for over 3 years).
I hear you and let me put a little context around this issue.
It is my belief that this is with the 8.4” Uconnect system and the issue is not three years old. Someone mentioned that and there was a past issue, but that seems to have gone away. I found this thread (maybe another thread too?) and asked if it were a dead thread and people started to respond. I believe this is a new issue unrelated to the three old start of this thread.
I’m fully prepared to make a big ‘ol fuss about this issue and go to the dealer every time it happens out of principle as my dealer is only 5 miles away. It’s is disappointing that the dealers are not aware of this issue and FCA is not addressing quickly.

Here is what I sent to my dealer and how they jacked up mine by a factory reset. Oh. Don’t forget about your settings and radio stations resetting after they are done practicing with it.

Here was my message to the dealer on 3/20/21 when I took Jeep in for repairs.
I was sent home with a crippled 2021 Jeep with 350 miles. The following did not work:

Off road pages gone
AC unable to control temperature (only show Hi/Lo)
Backup camera unavailable in controls
HomeLink does not work.

I was told that it may resolve itself and that I would need to bring it back another day to have it fixed.
-
it did not resolve itself and I searched the forums and found the reboot process. Been using it since, but does not help with the frustration.

Not sure if we have means for a class action suit, but I would entertain one.

Let us know of your decision and progress

Last edited:

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'd get the dealer to log the complaint but I would not want the dealer to try and fix something I know they can't.

Only good that could come from it is head of accounting noticing how much their spending on replacing these things.

I think some places may allow issues like this to even be lemon lawed. But that would be so much hassle.

I'm just mildly annoyed and reset the system.

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am in no-line club now after 2nd weeks of owning my JLUR, in evening, will try tomorrow morning to see if it fix itself...

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Does the reset also reset all your presets? Or just a basic reboot?
Just a basic reboot. Doesn't affect settings. Hold the power and tune buttons for about 10 secs. Then hit the power button and you should be good to go for a while.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a basic reboot. Doesn't affect settings. Hold the power and tune buttons for about 10 secs. Then hit the power button and you should be good to go for a while.
Correct. Only the dealer will do the factory reset and ruin your day and 3 hours of your time for a fix that does not exist. Welcome to the club!

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
My lines come back without the reset. Not sure it's worth the hassle to keep resetting.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My lines come back without the reset. Not sure it's worth the hassle to keep resetting.
They will do that. It seems so random, but I am sure there is a deep technical explanation. Something to do with the CAM bus and codes to the camera. It really does not matter the sequence that you try (wait when first starting, not waiting, etc), but they are there until they are not. REALLY frustrating when backing into a parking space or a trailer. Yes, I use my Jeep for utilitarian functions. :)
No offence to you all, but I will be so happy when this group fades away.