Lost backup camera guide lines

Champagnesalvi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
I've found that if you wait like 20 seconds after you start the jeep that the majority of the time the lines will show. I read the unconnect software needs to fully load and if you put it in reverse too soon that could cause them to not show. 9 times out of 10 that has worked for me. My biggest gripe with my 2021 rubicon. And crazy to think this thread was started in 2018 and this is still an issue.
yeah itā€™s just frustrating because Iā€™ve had the car for only 2 days!
Sponsored

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
I've found that if you wait like 20 seconds after you start the jeep that the majority of the time the lines will show. I read the unconnect software needs to fully load and if you put it in reverse too soon that could cause them to not show. 9 times out of 10 that has worked for me. My biggest gripe with my 2021 rubicon. And crazy to think this thread was started in 2018 and this is still an issue.
@Rebicon - Nope. Does not matter if you wait or not. I found this thread and was dormant for a long time. Maybe it is like herpes? The gift that keeps coming back and giving randomly. Don't get stressed about it, or your backup lines may not ever return. :)

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
yeah itā€™s just frustrating because Iā€™ve had the car for only 2 days!
It took me a few days to figure out that I even had them. I was convinced it was something I had done. This was the first place that I found my answers.
@JeepCares really does monitor this forum a lot and helps promote the brand!

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
So this thread has been going for nearly 3 years and Jeep has commented several times, but never once have they actually addressed the issue. Any time they've commented it has been when someone has mentioned an additional complaint to go along with the problem of the disappearing gridlines. This doesn't give me great confidence that the reports of a fix coming soon are accurate or that they have any idea of how to fix it (or even any intention of trying to). It seems that if they were close to a fix, someone from JeepCares would jump on here and say so.

I have had my Wrangler for 8 days and it was 4 days before I ever saw the gridlines. I'd say they are there maybe 10% of the time. I've tried several of the suggestions and the only thing that seems to help (a little) is waiting a bit for Uconnect to finish booting. If I do that, they are there a little less than half the time, but still missing more often than not. This is a safety feature (and one that every other manufacturer selling cars in the US has figured out how to do). It should not take 3 years to fix it.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Surprisingly my reverse lines have been working consistently for the last month. lol!šŸ‘
I have no idea why.
Just keep pressing that volume and tune button together to reboot it.
Donā€™t give up!

Hey, we all know why we bought a Wrangler! Reliability was not one of them.

Has anyone actually read a review online from a trusted resource that said a Wrangler JL was reliable?

We all bought Wranglers so we could take the roof down, go offroad, add accessories, join a Forum and meet nice people and learn a lot.

Now go out and seat your fuses before your electrical problems start!

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
So this thread has been going for nearly 3 years and Jeep has commented several times, but never once have they actually addressed the issue. Any time they've commented it has been when someone has mentioned an additional complaint to go along with the problem of the disappearing gridlines. This doesn't give me great confidence that the reports of a fix coming soon are accurate or that they have any idea of how to fix it (or even any intention of trying to). It seems that if they were close to a fix, someone from JeepCares would jump on here and say so.

I have had my Wrangler for 8 days and it was 4 days before I ever saw the gridlines. I'd say they are there maybe 10% of the time. I've tried several of the suggestions and the only thing that seems to help (a little) is waiting a bit for Uconnect to finish booting. If I do that, they are there a little less than half the time, but still missing more often than not. This is a safety feature (and one that every other manufacturer selling cars in the US has figured out how to do). It should not take 3 years to fix it.

I've had my Wrangler for a month now. The park assist lines only appear about 20% of the time. On my 2017 Renegade, they've NEVER failed to appear. This has been a chronic issue and I have a hard time believing FCA hasn't been working on a fix. But, if they have, it seems to be a closely held secret, so far.

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Surprisingly my reverse lines have been working consistently for the last month. lol!šŸ‘
I have no idea why.
Just keep pressing that volume and tune button together to reboot it.
Donā€™t give up!

Hey, we all know why we bought a Wrangler! Reliability was not one of them.

Has anyone actually read a review online from a trusted resource that said a Wrangler JL was reliable?

We all bought Wranglers so we could take the roof down, go offroad, add accessories, join a Forum and meet nice people and learn a lot.

Now go out and seat your fuses before your electrical problems start!
Good points and good way to keep it in perspective I suppose

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a new JLU Rubicon (300 miles) with the 8.4 Uconnect. Same issue here....grid lines have a mind of there own on when they will show up. But today I was at the dealership to get some parts (grid lines gone) and when my salesperson stopped to say hi I showed him the issue. He was stunned and said he never had a customer complain about it before. At least I was able to show someone at the dealership. I'm sure when I go in for service it will be working just fine.
Hello,

Are your back-up camera lines still disappearing? If your concerns are persisting and you would like our additional support alongside your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

R1nZX

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude, 2019 BMW M850i
Picked up my new '21 JLU yesterday with a March build date. No backup lines in reverse regardless of settings. Disappointed that this has been a known issue for three years and is still not fixed.

Rebicon

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4-Door
Hello,

Are your back-up camera lines still disappearing? If your concerns are persisting and you would like our additional support alongside your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
No one in this thread has been able to determine a reliable solution to fixing the issue with the backup lines disappearing. I got the impression that jeep was working on a fix with Uconnect software and would push a OTA update. This thread was started in 2018 and still people are reporting the issue. I've seen it mentioned several times in the Jeep FB group I'm in as well. If you can offer any suggestions many people would appreciate it. Thanks

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Just got home a little while ago after leaving my new 80th Edition at the dealer all afternoon. They called to tell me it's working normally and they could find no problem. While I was in their parking lot, I shifted into reverse to check, and NO LINES. They were closing, so I decided to drive home and back it into the garage. NO LINES.

As already noted, multiple threads indicate this has been happening for 3 years and apparently FCA still hasn't addressed it.

Very frustrating to have a glitch like this on an expensive new vehicle. Even worse, the manufacturer/dealership network pretends it's not a problem. šŸ˜’

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing intermittent concerns with your back-up camera lines disappearing. If you decide to get this properly addressed by your dealer and would like an additional level of support to ensure that you are appropriately taken care of, please feel free to send us a private message. I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My back-up camera lines work 90% of the time. However, it is frustrating when they decide to not work.

Rebicon

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4-Door
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing intermittent concerns with your back-up camera lines disappearing. If you decide to get this properly addressed by your dealer and would like an additional level of support to ensure that you are appropriately taken care of, please feel free to send us a private message. I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
There are probably thousands of people experiencing this issue. No one has found a viable solution including dealerships. It seems that this should be brought to your corporate office to see what they're doing about it. Put out some kind of press release with a solution. Right now people assume there is no solution since the problem has existed for years. I'm certainly not going to have my dealer tear apart the computer system and risk having something else corrupted. šŸ˜”

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
There are probably thousands of people experiencing this issue. No one has found a viable solution including dealerships. It seems that this should be brought to your corporate office to see what they're doing about it. Put out some kind of press release with a solution. Right now people assume there is no solution since the problem has existed for years. I'm certainly not going to have my dealer tear apart the computer system and risk having something else corrupted. šŸ˜”
I am now in the "No Lines Club" after 4 days ownership of a 60K vehicle! I tried pulling the F97 fuse but that didn't help. I may try to make a Uconnect kill switch as my first mod.

I'm sure the dealerships will pretend they don't know what's going on so they tear apart the interior and collect the money.
Sponsored