Lost backup camera guide lines

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Ironically I was just reading through the following FAQ page and it says just that... that they do OTA software updates and when one is available there should be a prompt on the screen for the update. Will be patiently waiting for that day. I'm getting really good with parking though without those lines. šŸ˜„

Frequently Asked Questions - UconnectĀ® System FAQ (driveuconnect.com)
Me too! The lines will probably just screw me up when they get them back on permanently...:CWL: we take bets when we get in the Jeep now whether there will be lines. Whoever wins gets to choose dinner sometimes.
Sponsored

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Me too! The lines will probably just screw me up when they get them back on permanently...:CWL: we take bets when we get in the Jeep now whether there will be lines. Whoever wins gets to choose dinner sometimes.
Nice! I had them for three days and I wondered if I missed an update. Sure enough though,,yesterday, I backed out of my garage, everything was fine. I went to the grocery store, shopped, and when I came back... no lines!

as for the reboot... itā€™s just like rebooting your computer. If you are concerned, then donā€™t do it. Wait for the fix.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Nice! I had them for three days and I wondered if I missed an update.
I know, yesterday I had them all day. I drove my Mom to Orlando and was telling her all about the lines drama and curiously continued with it may be fixed now because Iā€™ve had them all day. Sure enough, later last night I readjusted my Jeep to take the top off for the weekend and the lines were gone. Whatā€™s the saying..... fool me once?

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
as for the reboot... itā€™s just like rebooting your computer.
When I first asked the question about reboots I saved the reboot process you shared and now copy and paste at least weekly. I try to tag you in it so as not to take credit.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I first asked the question about reboots I saved the reboot process you shared and now copy and paste at least weekly. I try to tag you in it so as not to take credit.
No worries @FLjeeper . The more people that do it, the more Uconnect systems I have access to! Joking of course. This backup line thing is frustrating, entertaining, or just comical depending on my mood. Ahhh, the first-world problems that we have.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
No worries @FLjeeper . The more people that do it, the more Uconnect systems I have access to! Joking of course. This backup line thing is frustrating, entertaining, or just comical depending on my mood. Ahhh, the first-world problems that we have.
Youā€™re right it is depending on the mood and the first world problems. :facepalm:

TACO4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I have a new JLU Rubicon (300 miles) with the 8.4 Uconnect. Same issue here....grid lines have a mind of there own on when they will show up. But today I was at the dealership to get some parts (grid lines gone) and when my salesperson stopped to say hi I showed him the issue. He was stunned and said he never had a customer complain about it before. At least I was able to show someone at the dealership. I'm sure when I go in for service it will be working just fine.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a new JLU Rubicon (300 miles) with the 8.4 Uconnect. Same issue here....grid lines have a mind of there own on when they will show up. But today I was at the dealership to get some parts (grid lines gone) and when my salesperson stopped to say hi I showed him the issue. He was stunned and said he never had a customer complain about it before. At least I was able to show someone at the dealership. I'm sure when I go in for service it will be working just fine.
Donā€™t let them do anything to it!!!! Wait until the fix is released. I had my dealer work in the issue and it was painful. Consider the backup lines a game and make bets if they will be there or not.
Have a little fun with it and best of luck! I hope it is fixed in the next software release as promised.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Just press the VOLUME AND TUNE knobs together for 20 seconds. Release. Let the radio reboot. Bam! Reverse lines back on! For awhile lol!

As JBucktn said, wait for the soft patch to be released someday. Donā€™t go to the Dealer now. Thereā€™s no fix.

Sponsored

Mattfromfl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Seriously this issue has been going on since 2018.... New jlurd and no lines half the time... I don't like this game...

Champagnesalvi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Well 102 miles exactly and my vehicle is missing the lines. Not going to lie Iā€™m upset just because I barely got it and already something wrong. What have you all done besides that reboot ?

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously this issue has been going on since 2018.... New jlurd and no lines half the time... I don't like this game...
@Mattfromfl - I think FCA has had various issues on the backup lines since 2018, but this is a new one with the 8.4" screen and the latest SW version. A fix is coming.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well 102 miles exactly and my vehicle is missing the lines. Not going to lie Iā€™m upset just because I barely got it and already something wrong. What have you all done besides that reboot ?
@Champagnesalvi - Just wait, they will be there one day, then they will go away again until the fix is released. Mine were on for three days straight, I thought maybe they were fixed, but no joy.

If the next software release does not fix it, I will be really upset, but for now, I just have fun with it. REALLY nice to have that center line when hooking up a trailer! I would not fret too much about them. My advice though, do NOT let the dealer do anything with it. They hosed mine up good.

Rebicon

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4-Door
I've found that if you wait like 20 seconds after you start the jeep that the majority of the time the lines will show. I read the unconnect software needs to fully load and if you put it in reverse too soon that could cause them to not show. 9 times out of 10 that has worked for me. My biggest gripe with my 2021 rubicon. And crazy to think this thread was started in 2018 and this is still an issue.
Sponsored