tdam

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi,
I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I've posted in the wrong forum. I'm not a fan of my white jeep with the BLACK mirror arm assembly. I wanted to change them out to WHITE, but apparently can't find any. Should I paint them? Not sure paint would stick since they are kinda like plastic. Does anyone know where I can get a custom arm, as Jeep doesn't offer it.

Thanks in advance.

untitled.jpg
Sponsored

Lives2fish

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JLU - Stingray
Yes, you can paint them. There are paints specifically designed for plastic (no prep sanding etc)
Krylon Fusion is the brand I've used.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for something for my jeep IMG_20210427_202257_046

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I'd be cautious with regard to the color match. All whites are not the same, and I'd think that would be a spot where painting something a "white" that was a shade or two off would stick out pretty bad, if that sort of thing triggers any OCD in you.

If you want to paint it yourself, you might want to look into AutomotiveTouchup website. They sell OEM colors in spray cans and I believe they offer a special primer for adhesion on plastic parts. I've bought paint from them in the past and the color match was spot on.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The one hitch in the giddy up, is that it'll then make the door handles, hood latches, and fuel door look out of place.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Maybe try a JK forum, more people have probably done that on the older Jeeps.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I like the black much better, in fact I like the black accents so much, I got those black hinge covers to break it up a bit more on mine. I agree with what someone above said, you make those gloss white and it just draws a bunch of attention to the other black details making it look like a white out project unfinished. You are going to then be tempted to paint tube doors white, roof racks white, etc.

At the end of the day, its whatever you like obviously, I would definitely find a cheap piece of plastic first and try some paints suggested above and match them in the light and shadows before you pull the trigger on the real mirrors.
Sponsored