Sponsored

Long wait times for orders? Why?

Barstool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLE 350, 2020 GMC Canyon
Hey everyone, I'm doing what research I can before ordering and one thing I noticed was it seems like some people are waiting a long time for the Jeeps and some people are getting theirs within 2 months? 2 people I've spoken to have had their Jeeps ordered back in November and they say they haven't even started to be built. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be? I've heard that there are some items on back order, but does anyone know any specific parts/packages that would hold up an order? I know I have to be patient, but putting in an order and waiting 4 months just to be told it hasn't even been started on would be infuriating. Any insight would be really helpful.
I put my order in 11/23 and I’m picking up on Monday so I’m looking at 3 months 5 days for a 4 door Sahara. Not too bad of a wait for me

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
This chip shortage thing is going too far. Can’t order a new fridge or dishwasher. Delays on vehicles. Now, the local tortilla chip maker ElMilagro has stopped making their awesome chips for grocery stores. Only restaurants can get them and restaurants are charging $8 a bag. I’m not joking. The reason: Covid (staff is out), labor shortage (people quitting), supply chain issues (See previous 2 reasons). F’ing chip shortage.

oldman

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited JL SS, ordered 2022 Rubicon XR
Hey OP, you should have received all the right answers to your question about all the wait times for Jeep orders. Hopefully you have already put your order in for your new 2023 Jeep!:like:

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Meanwhile many built after mine have shipped to the same area that mine is supposed to be going. If they told me the reason and assured me that it would eventually be delivered I would be fine with waiting.

We're in crazy times right now but with no information I'm beginning to think they lost it and have no idea it's sitting there waiting to ship. I'm sure there are many logical reasons.
Maybe yours got placed in the middle of a holding lot where the other jeeps parked there are shipping to a different area? They want to ship yours but just can't get to it.

I was always concerned mine would get pulled aside after being built for a random quality check but it didn't.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
This thread is why I jumped on my 2022 that I found at a great little family owned dealer in January instead of ordering one
If I had jumped on my 2021 I probably would have dented it or hurt myself.

Congratulations on your new Wrangler. Hope you're loving it!

Rapture

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I inquired about an order and was told the "Safety Group" could delay the order by up to 6 months (I assume it was chip related). Interestingly, I was also told the "advanced Safety Group" would not delay an order.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I inquired about an order and was told the "Safety Group" could delay the order by up to 6 months (I assume it was chip related). Interestingly, I was also told the "advanced Safety Group" would not delay an order.
Sure, buy the more expensive option and it won't delay your build. For some reason I don't think that is legit. 🤷‍♂️

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
Hey everyone, I'm doing what research I can before ordering and one thing I noticed was it seems like some people are waiting a long time for the Jeeps and some people are getting theirs within 2 months? 2 people I've spoken to have had their Jeeps ordered back in November and they say they haven't even started to be built. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be? I've heard that there are some items on back order, but does anyone know any specific parts/packages that would hold up an order? I know I have to be patient, but putting in an order and waiting 4 months just to be told it hasn't even been started on would be infuriating. Any insight would be really helpful.
At least that is better than the Ford Bronco (His choice). I ordered one for my husband and was told it would be a year.

Sponsored

RancherRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
We ordered a manual but otherwise loaded JLUR in mid November last year. It's supposed to be going down the assembly line today! Now just 4-6 more weeks until it gets delivered. I blame Putin.

Cyndi

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ, 2022 Rubicon, 2017 Ram 3500 Dually
Occupation
Retired
Ordered mine Dec 3. It is in transit to Phoenix. My dealer told me things like the lane tracking and auto braking are things that can take longer, (chip issue). I have also heard that higher volume dealerships and/ or regions will be faster, not fast, but faster. This is possibly due to shipping, waiting to fill a railcar going to a specific area. Ordering any vehicle these days is going to take time.

steve2022

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler, 2021 f150
I was told that Jeep limits production to keep the prices high = long wait times ? just a thought

Shanwowsd

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
when I made my order I was told that you could not get advanced safety group without getting the safety group as well.
Sponsored