LOD Destroyer vs ROAM Frame mounted steps

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Anyone know which set LOD Destroyers or Roams have the most similar finish to match the JL stock steel bumpers(color/shine/texture). They overall looks so similar in design/style. Thanks
Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have the LOD’s. Father in law has the roams. Roams are definitely glossier, LOD’s seem more similar, I am not sure if they produce different finishes or not.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know which set LOD Destroyers or Roams have the most similar finish to match the JL stock steel bumpers(color/shine/texture). They overall looks so similar in design/style. Thanks
I can’t speak for the Roam sliders and I don’t have the steel bumpers but I can tell you that the Destroyers closely match to the matte black plastic trim and door handles. The lighting doesn’t help in the photos but hopefully you get a sense of the texture.

F2B01217-692C-4ACC-9A5B-5064F98E454D.jpeg

019BD547-7125-4BD4-9E7F-F3CE23ABF14C.jpeg

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I can’t speak for the Roam sliders and I don’t have the steel bumpers but I can tell you that the Destroyers closely match to the matte black plastic trim and door handles. The lighting doesn’t help in the photos but hopefully you get a sense of the texture.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer vs ROAM Frame mounted steps 019BD547-7125-4BD4-9E7F-F3CE23ABF14C

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer vs ROAM Frame mounted steps 019BD547-7125-4BD4-9E7F-F3CE23ABF14C
thanks a bunch for the photos. Very helpful. I am sold on theDestroyers

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have the LOD’s. Father in law has the roams. Roams are definitely glossier, LOD’s seem more similar, I am not sure if they produce different finishes or not.
Thanks a bunch. Going with Destroyers

Sponsored

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
thanks a bunch for the photos. Very helpful. I am sold on theDestroyers
I’m really happy with mine. That being said, you should know that depending on the placement of your Jeep’s body on frame, some shimming might be needed to maintain enough clearance between the rock rail and your rocker panel. I had to shim mine on the passenger side. PM me if you want more details.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I’m really happy with mine. That being said, you should know that depending on the placement of your Jeep’s body on frame, some shimming might be needed to maintain enough clearance between the rock rail and your rocker panel. I had to shim mine on the passenger side. PM me if you want more details.
Will do thanks

MikeS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Did you drill the optional holes? I’m leaning toward the LoD Destroyers. I’ve been interacting with Roam and it seems like they still struggle in the customer service and product delivery departments.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Did you drill the optional holes? I’m leaning toward the LoD Destroyers. I’ve been interacting with Roam and it seems like they still struggle in the customer service and product delivery departments.
For lighter to moderate trail riding, you can get away without drilling. But if you plan on smacking them around, it's best to drill.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I drilled the optional holes.
Sponsored