Sponsored

LoD Armor Lite Rock Sliders

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude, 2008 Toyota Sequoia.
Occupation
FireMedic, Pre-Hospital Care Consultant.
Hi all.

Was J U S T about to pull the trigger and get a set of the LoD Armor Lite Rock Sliders

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee.../jeep-jl-wrangler-armor-lite-rocksliders.html

to replace the factory running boards on my 2020 JLUS, but decided to hold off until I posted this query here in JLForums.

I am in the process of adding the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift. and the stock height and running boards were already a difficulty for an elderly family member to deal with, so the LoD's look like a quality and functional swap out considering the step cut outs and the additional removable drop steps.

Any thoughts from those that have used the LoD's and/or other options anyone else has gone with?

Thanks!
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
They are an excellent option and the quality is perfect. I love mine, but am considering the drop steps as my wife (5'2"ish) still struggles some on my non-lifted JLUR.

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
I'm also considering these same rock sliders. Have young kiddos & wife that could benefit from the drop steps, but like that those are modular so I can remove the steps and put the steel skid on them if going off road. Also a bonus for me is that the base is aluminum and helps keep down some weight for daily driving. Definitely going to follow and learn from others that might have more hands on experience with them.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I bought them for a similar reason. I haven't lifted my stock 18' JLUS, but plan to get the Mopar 2-inch lift. If and when I do, I like the idea that you can easily add steps (albeit at a cost). Their support is great. I had a few issues with bolts and they sent out replacements right away. I found the directions a bit confusing and you might find these suggestions useful, if you do purchase them. Then again, I'm a wrench newbie and others have found the install "easy". Here's a great thread with photos and tips from others.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DavidJH

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
DavidJH

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I bought them for a similar reason. I haven't lifted my stock 18' JLUS, but plan to get the Mopar 2-inch lift. If and when I do, I like the idea that you can easily add steps (albeit at a cost). Their support is great. I had a few issues with bolts and they sent out replacements right away. I found the directions a bit confusing and you might find these suggestions useful, if you do purchase them. Then again, I'm a wrench newbie and others have found the install "easy". Here's a great thread with photos and tips from others.
I didn't see the instructions attached to the box until I was done LOL. Found a YouTube video that helped though.

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
Is the aluminum textured black or smooth?
They are an excellent option and the quality is perfect. I love mine, but am considering the drop steps as my wife (5'2"ish) still struggles some on my non-lifted JLUR.
is the aluminum textured black or smooth?

Sponsored

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love the wheels, who makes them?
Thank you.
Rugged Ridge, Jesse Spade Gun Metal Grey, 17x9, 4.53” back space, -12mm offset, Hub-centric, 5 on 5”.
Mickey Thompson, Baja ATZ P3,
35 x 12.5R17, D-Load Range.
Sponsored