Not open for further replies.

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
has anyone figured out a way to make drivers seat NOT adjustable? Let me explain....
It took me a while to get the right position on my drivers seat. I took it to dealer twice, car wash and valet and told each one of those morons to not move the seat yet they did.
I’m 5 10” so I’m right in between where most can drive without touching anything yet they do.
One mechanic adjusted every dam setting. If it had power memory seats I could care less but it does not.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve never even heard of such a thing on manual seats. Just move the seat back to where you want it. Is it really such a big deal? I’m 6’2”, my wife is 5’4”. It’s not difficult for either of us to spend 30 seconds to adjust seat and mirrors.

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I’ve never even heard of such a thing on manual seats. Just move the seat back to where you want it. Is it really such a big deal? I’m 6’2”, my wife is 5’4”. It’s not difficult for either of us to spend 30 seconds to adjust seat and mirrors.
I have back issues but thanks for the understanding. I never thought of moving it back.... thanks! If it was not an issue to people there would not be memory seats.
There is not only forward and back, bsckrest tilt, headrest, seatback support as well as seat botttom lift. Thanks for the Non contribution.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone figured out a way to make drivers seat NOT adjustable? Let me explain....
It took me a while to get the right position on my drivers seat. I took it to dealer twice, car wash and valet and told each one of those morons to not move the seat yet they did.
I’m 5 10” so I’m right in between where most can drive without touching anything yet they do.
One mechanic adjusted every dam setting. If it had power memory seats I could care less but it does not.
Any ideas?
I feel your pain, I can always tell when it’s been moved, and it bothers me too, not to that extent, but it does. As far as back and forth, could you just clamp or bolt the rail? I am not sure how much room there is under there, as far as lift and back rest, would it be possible to take to dial and handle off, again not sure without really looking in to it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have back issues but thanks for the understanding. I never thought of moving it back.... thanks! If it was not an issue to people there would not be memory seats.
There is not only forward and back, bsckrest tilt, headrest, seatback support as well as seat botttom lift. Thanks for the Non contribution.
I know what you mean. That's why I always have my wife adjust my seat to my exact settings before I get in. She's my memory seat (adjuster).

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
For the dealers, about all you can do is complain. For car wash, complain, use a different one, or wash it yourself. Valet, don’t tip or learn to park it yourself. If your back issues are bad enough, your dr can get you a placard to have special parking anyway. You have a people issue, no need to modify your Jeep.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
You didn't get the memory seat option in your Jeep?

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I understand it's your vehicle, but what if the valet is a 5' woman? Or the dealership guy is 6'6"? Man, some of you people complain about every little thing....

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If it pisses you off that much, you could weld the seat to the rails, cut the recline strap off with a box cutter, and pry the lumbar knob off with a tire iron. For the side mirrors, just pull the door panel and cut the wires to switch. You're on you own for the rearview mirror.

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thanks all for your help. It is a simple question and I do not need to be berated.
Sometimes is ok to just keep your opinions to yourself if they do not contribute anything. I cannot believe I'm getting ridiculed for a simple question.
Weld the seat, rip out the door, what if a tiny person or a huge person get in, why don't I just wash my own car ? Great suggestions... what if you guys have a little respect for others? It is not a complaint... I never said pisses me off. it is just a request for ideas from a forum that is supposed to be helpful, not be full of small minded people.
Neither the valet nor anyone was 5 foot nor 6 6" but thanks.
So weld the seats, rip out the doors, cut the straps, take out the knob, park my car and wash my own car as well as don't tip and... ohh stop complaining. Got it ! Brilliant... amazed at the wit and helpfulness.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You posted a thread asking if there’s a way to immobilize movement of a manual seat. In the first reply I said that there’s no such animal that I’ve ever heard of and asked if having to reposition the seat is a huge imposition for you. You replied with snark and butthurt. Others reinforced that it’s not possible without taking extreme measures that most would think unreasonable in light of the fact that 100% of people deal with the inconvenience by just moving the seat back. You throw a hissy fit and hurl accusations of people being unhelpful and small minded. Maybe take a step back, look at the question you asked, and take the responses in the manner they were given.

There is no practical way to keep a manual seat from being moved because it’s impractical. You purchased a vehicle that doesn’t offer power memory seats. If you’re annoyed about having to move your seat back, and pissed that we don’t have a simple solution, I guess you’ll just have to be pissed off. Oh, and also you’ll have to move your seat back just like every single one of us does.

4905135F-D6A1-4139-927A-B5574EAE4C04.jpeg

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
You posted a thread asking if there’s a way to immobilize movement of a manual seat. In the first reply I said that there’s no such animal that I’ve ever heard of and asked if having to reposition the seat is a huge imposition for you. You replied with snark and butthurt. Others reinforced that it’s not possible without taking extreme measures that most would think unreasonable in light of the fact that 100% of people deal with the inconvenience by just moving the seat back. You throw a hissy fit and hurl accusations of people being unhelpful and small minded. Maybe take a step back, look at the question you asked, and take the responses in the manner they were given.

There is no practical way to keep a manual seat from being moved because it’s impractical. If you’re annoyed about having to move your seat back, and pissed that we don’t have a simple solution, I guess you’ll just have to be pissed off. Oh, and also you’ll have to move your seat back just like every single one of us does.

OK. thanks. you are right. All your comments were helpful. I truly appreciate it.

View attachment 149922

Status
Not open for further replies.