OP

teachdocs

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Interesting question. I do know many vehicles WILL time out if left running for an extended period of time. My Raptor Super Duty and Wife's Escalade do.

Have not tried my 392 yet.

Sam
Interesting about the raptor super duty. My F350 would sit an idle for 4 days if you wanted it to.
Sponsored

OP
OP

teachdocs

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Just remember someone can legally break into your vehicle without any repercussions if they think your pets are in danger (or they want to steal your expensive ride).
In certain circumstances yes. In my circumstances, that would be extremely unlikely and if done, they would be on very shakey grounds from a legal standpoint.

Clearly labeled K9 On board. Clearly labeled in case of an emergency with a phone number and backup number to call or call 911. Clearly labeled that is remotely monitored for video and temperature surveillance.

Theft of vehicles is an issue, but probably nothing to do with the vehicle left idling or not, plus the vehicle is video monitored and GPS tracked so wouldn’t get far without tracking and the theft would be documented clearly. The areas we tend to visit are not hotspots for vehicle theft either.

Could it happen? Sure. Just not very likely in our situations.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Interesting question. I do know many vehicles WILL time out if left running for an extended period of time. My Raptor Super Duty and Wife's Escalade do.

Have not tried my 392 yet.

Sam
OK, sorry for the thread diversion, but what is a “Raptor Super Duty”?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I do it all the time in our ‘21. We leave the dogs in the Jeep with the AC going and use the remote to lock the doors. I usually park in the shade and leave the AC running full tilt and toss the heated seats on in case they get cold. They are often laying in the heated seats by the time we get back.
Sponsored