Sponsored

Lockable storage with doors removed?

albo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
What is everyone doing as far as securing your possessions when traveling with no doors?

I was thinking of putting a wide toolbox in the trunk, locking with a padlock, and securing to the rear seats.
Sponsored

bloodwar

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU // 2018 JL 2Door
I have a Slipstream myself, others have mentioned Tuffy as well.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The rear cubby can be locked with the doors off. Can’t be opened if the gate is locked.
It’s small but it’s free.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
A thief can simply pull the seats up and slide off the cover...I'm looking for options too.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have looked at every option out there available for this and even thought about fabricating my own. I know I could fabricate my own without a doubt but looking at the cost of the supplies for the sheets of metal and other odds and ends it wasn’t much more to just purchase one of the ones available.

Tuffy box is not a bad option at its price Point but I was looking to maybe add to the sides to enclose the box and so I kept looking.

Texasmetalworks.com has one, that another member here has been working on. it has a basket option too that would be cool, but they haven’t found away yet to work with the soft top so as of right now it wasn’t an option for me.

The Jeep back bone is cool looking and simple but If I was going to pay that price for it I may as well look into the next option with a lot more versatility.

so I ended up purchasing a slipstream from diabolical Inc. it looks great, very functional and it supports a lot of weight. It also is easy to remove the top portion or the front wall if I need to access those parts of the Jeep. I also like to support a Veteran, which I am as well and he was in the aircraft industry too, so I know the slipstream will be built very well. I just purchased this a couple of days ago, so in the coming weeks when it arrives I can give a real world review.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
A thief can simply pull the seats up and slide off the cover...I'm looking for options too.
Which system are you referring to? There is no way to do this to a Diabolical Inc.Slipstream.

JK_-_IMG_2849_1024x1024.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not sure i understand what you mean. The lip of the cover is under the tailgate. It can’t be opened unless the tailgate is open.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
What is everyone doing as far as securing your possessions when traveling with no doors?

I was thinking of putting a wide toolbox in the trunk, locking with a padlock, and securing to the rear seats.
What's a door?

Oh, a zombie blocking, first line of defense germ blocking metal barrier?

Is that not what we're calling them these days?:)

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

More apropos to the thread, @Htfan introduced these a few months ago based on something he saw on social media.

https://eztrunk.net/

I cannot speak to their value, as they're not out yet, let alone their availability (or price) given the effect that COVID-19 may have on getting product landed to the US from abroad that this product may source.

I just thought I'd add them as color commentary.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure i understand what you mean. The lip of the cover is under the tailgate. It can’t be opened unless the tailgate is open.
What he is saying is that If the top is off even with the gate closed and locked someone can climb into the Jeep release the rear seats to fold them down and be able to get to the front part of the cover over the cubby and slide the cover off. It’s really not that hard to do.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What he is saying is that If the top is off even with the gate closed and locked someone can climb into the Jeep release the rear seats to fold them down and be able to get to the front part of the cover over the cubby and slide the cover off. It’s really not that hard to do.
Just went out and tried it. Couldn't get it open that way. I could slide it back a little bit but not enough to get it open (I have a 4 door).

I'm not saying it's super secure, but it can't be opened when the tailgate is locked. I would say it is as secure as the center console or glovebox.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Just went out and tried it. Couldn't get it open that way. I could slide it back a little bit but not enough to get it open (I have a 4 door).

I'm not saying it's super secure, but it can't be opened when the tailgate is locked. I would say it is as secure as the center console or glovebox.
I just did this probably under 20 seconds with the gate locked. It is very easy to do. Try it again and pull and slide it towards the front. It comes completely out. I would say this is even easier to get into then the center console or glove box.

I imagine you tried but at the same time
was being pretty gentle with it, which a thief is not going to be gentle at all. There are four plastic brackets on the bottom portion and 4 plastic ones on the cover that hold the floor cover in place. This would easily be broken in a few seconds if a thief wanted to look under there if he didn’t pull it forward.

I have a 4dr too.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just did this probably under 20 seconds with the gate locked. It is very easy to do. Try it again and pull and slide it towards the front. It comes completely out. I would say this is even easier to get into then the center console or glove box.

I imagine you tried but at the same time
was being pretty gentle with it, which a thief is not going to be gentle at all. There are four plastic brackets on the bottom portion and 4 plastic ones on the cover that hold the floor cover in place. This would easily be broken in a few seconds if a thief wanted to look under there if he didn’t pull it forward.

I have a 4dr too.
Thanks. Good to know.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here is another solution I was looking at. I don't have personal experience but another member is very happy with it: Supports 2 and 4-door. Soft and hard tops.

https://jftops.com/

IMG_8349-e1565153874350.jpg
Sponsored