Sponsored

Linex undercoating / rust proofing

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I called the local linex dealer to see if they have a process that deaden road noise . They said their process may help , but they promoted their guarantee . If I bring in my Jeep within 90 days of purchase they will undercoat entire vehicle and give a lifetime warranty , as long as I own it , against any rust . Checking to see if anyone has had this done . 700.00 is not cheap , but if it works as advertised I will get it done if I don't hear any negative responsces .
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Read the fine print on this, generally speaking, line-ex cures hard, and would form pockets of corrosion should it get chipped, water get under it. Ziebart was noted for this.
A good rust proofing has to remain flexible, and self- heal, creep into crevices. Fluid Film, Wool wax, Carwell " Rust Cop" May have to be applied every season, there's good posts on this

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I'm pretty sure the process they use is a different that the stuff they use as a bed liner , but I'm going to call tomorrow to get more info .

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
What four low said. Generally, anything that is not permeable will just trap water and promote rust and rot. All it takes is one chip to allow water in and then it’s trapped. You likely won’t even notice until it’s too late.

Obviously it won’t help insulate or act as a sound dampener, but fluid film (or a similar product) is the best for rust protection.

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I called the linex shop today . They said they use a process called value guard . They mist the inside of door panels with a wax like product . The under side is coated with a product that takes some time to set up , not the stuff they spray as a bed liner . Anyone heard of this process
Sponsored