Sponsored

Lightstream vs Chrysler financing?

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Anyone use Lightstream financing before? I've got financing approved through them for my JLU that I'm picking up tomorrow. I'm picking up the car in the afternoon and will be on a train most of the day getting there. If I sign up for the Lightstream loan, can I still go with Chrysler if they come up with a better deal?
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone use Lightstream financing before? I've got financing approved through them for my JLU that I'm picking up tomorrow. I'm picking up the car in the afternoon and will be on a train most of the day getting there. If I sign up for the Lightstream loan, can I still go with Chrysler if they come up with a better deal?
I don't know anything about lightstream but if it's just a pre approval you shouldn't have any issue using Chrysler instead. Whats the rate? Chrysler financing likely isn't going to be the lowest option.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Chrysler will NOT match or beat a Lightstream deal, itā€™s ludacris to assume they will. LS is actually lower than my CU last time I checked. They are owned by Suntrust

Take the dealer your Lighstream check and walk away. Donā€™t get tricked into the finance managers ā€œdanceā€.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler will NOT match or beat a Lightstream deal, itā€™s ludacris to assume they will. LS is actually lower than my CU last time I checked. They are owned by Suntrust

Take the dealer your Lighstream check and walk away. Donā€™t get tricked into the finance managers ā€œdanceā€.
thanks. i didn't know how good the lightstream deal was.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know anything about lightstream but if it's just a pre approval you shouldn't have any issue using Chrysler instead. Whats the rate? Chrysler financing likel isn't going to be the lowest option.
3.69%

Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Lightstream is awesome! I have used them the last two vehicles. it was the best I could do without jumping through hoops and opening accounts at an out of state credit union. I do not think you can switch when you get to the dealer though since once the money is deposited in your account the loan is in place and you would want to make these arrangements prior to pick up as I think it can take up to a day to fund the loan. Easiest auto loan ever! And if your credit is decent they do not even want to hold the title!!

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightstream is awesome! I have used them the last two vehicles. it was the best I could do without jumping through hoops and opening accounts at an out of state credit union. I do not think you can switch when you get to the dealer though since once the money is deposited in your account the loan is in place and you would want to make these arrangements prior to pick up as I think it can take up to a day to fund the loan. Easiest auto loan ever! And if your credit is decent they do not even want to hold the title!!
so, i accepted the loan this morning for funding today. i'm on a train to go pick the car up. the wire transfer is supposed to happen between 3pm and 4pm and i'm thinking i'll be at the dealership between 2:30 and 3. hopefully this doesn't cause all kinds of grief with the buying process. :)

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Should be fine I bet. Enjoy and don't stress. These Jeeps are awesome and few have issues!

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
LightStream is great. I had two car loans through them. Easy to deal with and great rates.

Bgs133

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150
Right now, they are beating my credit union by .80% with auto pay. Never had a auto pay loan before. Are you able to pay extra per month?

Sponsored

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right now, they are beating my credit union by .80% with auto pay. Never had a auto pay loan before. Are you able to pay extra per month?
yes, i did see on their site that you can pay extra. if you want an all-premium payment, it has to be on the same day as the scheduled payment. otherwise, some will go towards interest.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
so, i accepted the loan this morning for funding today. i'm on a train to go pick the car up. the wire transfer is supposed to happen between 3pm and 4pm and i'm thinking i'll be at the dealership between 2:30 and 3. hopefully this doesn't cause all kinds of grief with the buying process. :)
If you are going to connect trains at Penn Station , you won't make your appointment .

Bgs133

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150
yes, i did see on their site that you can pay extra. if you want an all-premium payment, it has to be on the same day as the scheduled payment. otherwise, some will go towards interest.
Ok thanks.
I usually pay a bit more per month and thought maybe it wasnt allowed.
Thanks again. I keep reading good reviews about Lightstream. Might be the way to go.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are going to connect trains at Penn Station , you won't make your appointment .
hey, in the end it didn't matter anyway. they couldn't sell me the damn car because of the recall. they weren't aware of the recall and weren't allowed to sell me the car. so, $350 and 8 hours of traveling and i'll still be a Jeepless guy. they're willing to work with me and give me a bigger discount, but i can't see any info anywhere about an actual fix for this frame weld issue.

i'm not feeling all that confident in the potential fix for this issue, so i'm considering just bailing on that one entirely and seeing about them getting one of the other jeeps in the area that are similar.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
hey, in the end it didn't matter anyway. they couldn't sell me the damn car because of the recall. they weren't aware of the recall and weren't allowed to sell me the car. so, $350 and 8 hours of traveling and i'll still be a Jeepless guy. they're willing to work with me and give me a bigger discount, but i can't see any info anywhere about an actual fix for this frame weld issue.

i'm not feeling all that confident in the potential fix for this issue, so i'm considering just bailing on that one entirely and seeing about them getting one of the other jeeps in the area that are similar.
You might check out the available JKs .
Sponsored