Info on Chrysler Capital Loan APR & Terms

V1-Rotate

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Hi All... Does anyone have any recent experience with Chrysler Capital financing? Looking for any info on loan APR and/or terms offered? I normally always finance NFCU and never use dealer financing of any kind. But there is a $1,000 incentive from the dealer if I use Chrysler Capital to finance. I am on the fence about this because I have no idea what the rates or offers are. I have top-tier credit.

Hoping that anyone would be willing to share any and all details on interest rates and terms or offers by Chrysler Capital??

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
I always look on jeeps website at the Incentives. Then just click on the Disclosure to get info about terms. I also from time to time in the past just go to Chrysler Capital to look at there Rates and Offers.

I just looked and there is 2.9% for 60mo. Deal

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
One approach is to do CCAP financing then refinance right after.

You'll still get new vehicle rates from the lenders.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All... Does anyone have any recent experience with Chrysler Capital financing? Looking for any info on loan APR and/or terms offered? I normally always finance NFCU and never use dealer financing of any kind. But there is a $1,000 incentive from the dealer if I use Chrysler Capital to finance. I am on the fence about this because I have no idea what the rates or offers are. I have top-tier credit.

Hoping that anyone would be willing to share any and all details on interest rates and terms or offers by Chrysler Capital??

Thanks in Advance
I am the F&I Manager at a Jeep dealership here in PA. Typically Chrysler Capital will have a slightly higher interest rate than other banks since they give you the extra $1,000 up front; however what we will usually recommend is financing through Chrysler to get the extra $1,000 off at purchase then in a month or two just refinance it with your credit union or whoever and take the better rate as well as the $1,000 off since you will only pay a fraction of the $1,000 rebate in interest over those couple months so it becomes a win win for you as a customer. Only thing to keep in mind is if this is regarding the purchase of a Wrangler, there are no rebates on them besides $500 military so even if you finance with Chrysler you won't get the $1,000 rebate. If its like a Grand Cherokee or something then it would apply so just confirm those things with your dealer. If they claim $1,000 rebate on the wrangler then just check everything because it's not a true rebate and they either just discounted the Wrangler themselves or moved the numbers around by offering more on trade in or something.

Recap:
-Ask the dollar amount you would pay back in interest going with the Chrysler financing
-Ask the dollar amount you would pay back in interest going with your preferred lender
-If the dollar amount is greater than $1,000 difference going with Chrysler then you will definitely want to refinance a couple months later
-If the dollar amount is less than $1,000 difference going with Chrysler vs your preferred lender then you could carry the Chrysler loan to term and still pay less overall than you would have paid not taking the $1,000 upfront rebate

-REMEMBER WRANGLERS HAVE NO REBATES OTHER THAN $500 MILITARY, be sure to question them on that if you are purchasing a Wrangler

Last edited:

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I have zero down /zero interest with Chrysler … fico 850 at the time of the offer . It wasn’t being advertised at the time of purchase .Nfcu is 1.79 currently

Sponsored

GTCS302

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2011 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I have zero down /zero interest with Chrysler … fico 850 at the time of the offer . It wasn’t being advertised at the time of purchase .Nfcu is 1.79 currently
How many months?

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU

Thanks in Advance
They currently have 0%APR/36months offer.

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
Deal
I am the F&I Manager at a Jeep dealership here in PA. Typically Chrysler Capital will have a slightly higher interest rate than other banks since they give you the extra $1,000 up front; however what we will usually recommend is financing through Chrysler to get the extra $1,000 off at purchase then in a month or two just refinance it with your credit union or whoever and take the better rate as well as the $1,000 off since you will only pay a fraction of the $1,000 rebate in interest over those couple months so it becomes a win win for you as a customer. Only thing to keep in mind is if this is regarding the purchase of a Wrangler, there are no rebates on them besides $500 military so even if you finance with Chrysler you won't get the $1,000 rebate. If its like a Grand Cherokee or something then it would apply so just confirm those things with your dealer. If they claim $1,000 rebate on the wrangler then just check everything because it's not a true rebate and they either just discounted the Wrangler themselves or moved the numbers around by offering more on trade in or something.

Recap:
-Ask the dollar amount you would pay back in interest going with the Chrysler financing
-Ask the dollar amount you would pay back in interest going with your preferred lender
-If the dollar amount is greater than $1,000 difference going with Chrysler then you will definitely want to refinance a couple months later
-If the dollar amount is less than $1,000 difference going with Chrysler vs your preferred lender then you could carry the Chrysler loan to term and still pay less overall than you would have paid not taking the $1,000 upfront rebate

-REMEMBER WRANGLERS HAVE NO REBATES OTHER THAN $500 MILITARY, be sure to question them on that if you are purchasing a Wrangler
So I've never leased a vehicle before and have always been curious. What's the rundown on a wrangler lease? 810 Credit Score. Are there different interest rates how does it work?

openingshok

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Grand Cherokee Limited X | 2024 JLUR 2.0T AT
Occupation
Headshot Photographer
One approach is to do CCAP financing then refinance right after.

You'll still get new vehicle rates from the lenders.
^^^ This. I did it on 2 jeeps this year. Chrysler gave me 3.9 but then when all was said and done added an extra 1% which I guess is a dealer option or something. Never got a clear explanation but didn't matter because I just refinanced with my credit union at 2.9 and moved on.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Deal

So I've never leased a vehicle before and have always been curious. What's the rundown on a wrangler lease? 810 Credit Score. Are there different interest rates how does it work?
Three main pieces to a lease, Money Factor (Interest Rate on Depreciation, multiply by 2400 to get the rate IIRC), Residual Value (Set percentage of MSRP, what you would pay to buy it at the end), and Capitalized Cost (Selling price +TTT).

Other than the Acquisition and Disposition/Buyout Fee, you are basically financing the depreciation only (Cap Cost - Residual Value).

Note the Wrangler Rates aren't subsidized, so they end up in the 5% range. RV is high compared to most vehicles, in the 60% range.

If your Jeep is worth more than the Residual Value at the end of the lease, you can buy+sell to recoup the equity you've built. If it's worth less than Residual, you turn it in and walk away.

EDIT: Checked that rate, this is from when I did ours, 36 month money factor was high 4%s for tier one. If your income is sufficient, you'll be tier 1. Standard rate on Rams when I checked recently was in the 5s.
Jeep Wrangler JL Info on Chrysler Capital Loan APR & Terms 1636668861638

Sponsored

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Deal

So I am currently leasing my Wrangler with the intent to buy it out at the end just to give some background. Anyways there are different rates depending on your tier approval which with an 810 score you should have no trouble qualifying for a tier 1 rate. to give you an idea on my personal breakdown... I ordered a 2021 Wrangler JLU Willys pretty loaded up with a window sticker price of $49,535... With my employee pricing I ended up with a purchase price of $46,515. I did 10k miles per year lease with a term of 48mo. with no trade and $2k out of pocket for a final payment of $434/mo. and that was with a tier 1 approval thru Ally. Currently Ally has the best lease programs for the Wranglers for getting the lowest lease payment since they're residuals (Remaining amount you can buy your lease out for at lease end) are absolutely insane. I had a 71% residual at the time of purchase. Only thing to really keep in mind is that lease programs change every month and dealers have no way of knowing whether they will change for the better or the worse until the new month starts so if you get a lease quote in November but don't pull the trigger until December then it may be better or it may also be worse than the original November quote. Only thing the dealer could do to help in that situation is over allow on the trade in or discount the vehicle at that point.

Residual Example: If you lease a vehicle with $50,000 MSRP and a 50% residual then once you get to the end of your lease you can buy it out for the residual amount which in this example would be $25,000.

OP
OP

V1-Rotate

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
So I am currently leasing my Wrangler with the intent to buy it out at the end just to give some background. Anyways there are different rates depending on your tier approval which with an 810 score you should have no trouble qualifying for a tier 1 rate. to give you an idea on my personal breakdown... I ordered a 2021 Wrangler JLU Willys pretty loaded up with a window sticker price of $49,535... With my employee pricing I ended up with a purchase price of $46,515. I did 10k miles per year lease with a term of 48mo. with no trade and $2k out of pocket for a final payment of $434/mo. and that was with a tier 1 approval thru Ally. Currently Ally has the best lease programs for the Wranglers for getting the lowest lease payment since they're residuals (Remaining amount you can buy your lease out for at lease end) are absolutely insane. I had a 71% residual at the time.

Residual Example: If you lease a vehicle with $50,000 MSRP and a 50% residual then once you get to the end of your lease you can buy it out for the residual amount which in this example would be $25,000.
Is it cheaper to lease and buy like you did? Just kinda curious on how that works too...

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is it cheaper to lease and buy like you did? Just kinda curious on how that works too...
In the long run it will be more expensive to lease then buy it out as opposed to just doing a purchase up front. The main reason I am doing a lease to buy is simply to have the cheap lease payment for the first 4 years of ownership and then I intend to pay cash for the buyout. I just didn't want a $700-$800/mo. car payment plus since it is a wrangler and holds it's value better than any other vehicle I know plus I've already put a few thousand into it just adding different mods and that number is just gonna keep climbing so didn't really care about the long run cost of it all.

All in all if you are a payment oriented buyer, go with the lease it will be much cheaper month to month; however, if you care more about the total cost in the long run, just purchase it from the start. I simply didn't want to put the money down out of pocket at this point in time to get to a payment I liked so just went with the lease to buy.