First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I am in a federal govt witness protection program. They have relocated my wife and me . ( my plates have come with me ) Unfortunately , I cant reveal the new location.

so you balled out of vt to some place warmer by the river with good fishing. i think i narrowed it down to a few places.. lol
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
so you balled out of vt to some place warmer by the river with good fishing. i think i narrowed it down to a few places.. lol
Im glad you do, because I havent got a clue where I am.

Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options soul
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options soul

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I’ve got the Poison Spyder relocation kit. Made out of stainless, is adjustable, reuses the factory CHMSL, and puts the camera in a great spot.

Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options 3D99B333-3915-41D8-B49F-6F224EA7E4A9

I like how it tucked inside my beadlock, but your results may vary in that regard.

Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options 992F9623-61AD-41A3-A373-1ACD94D14B7E

Disclaimer... mine came included with my Poison Spyder tire carrier. I see they sell it as a stand-alone item, but I’m unsure how they addressed mounting it to a non-PSC tire carrier option.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
License plates aren’t meant to be mounted there by Jeep. There’s only so much room to make it work and still allow opening the rear door. It is the same size at the license plate. We made it that thick because as a rule we design and build things obnoxiously overbuilt. I can’t stand flimsy jeep parts so we go to the opposite extreme

Brett
Yeah...regardless of how overbuilt the mount is, having the plate stick out past the body like that is no bueno for people who go wheelin and need to squeeze through tight spots. It's begging to get hung up on a tree/rock. I'm sure it's great for people who dont go wheelin or only wheel once a year at places like Moab where there are very few trees. However, it's not ideal for wheelin where there are tighter trails around rocks/trees.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yeah...regardless of how overbuilt the mount is, having the plate stick out past the body like that is no bueno for people who go wheelin and need to squeeze through tight spots. It's begging to get hung up on a tree/rock. I'm sure it's great for people who dont go wheelin or only wheel once a year at places like Moab where there are very few trees. However, it's not ideal for wheelin where there are tighter trails around rocks/trees.
There’s literally no other place to put it on the bumper that would be legal. It’s inside the fender flares. If you’re that close to trees, I know I don’t want any part in that trail. Ideally maybe a motorcycle sized one would be more convenient but we’re just trying to solve an issue for the guys that don’t want it on the spare tire. I personally don’t care for it there and so we created this solution.

Brett

Sponsored

charlie00tj

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Finally these were delivered and had some nice weather. I have the smittybilt sec gen2 bumper and the LOD license plate relocation bracket. If anyone was wondering, the LOD bracket is made FOR the LOD bumpers. I drilled a couple of holes and the bracket now looks like it was made for smittybilt lol

I have to order some new bolts to clean it up, but I'm happy with it.

I also reused the original license plate light wiring harness.
Now on you the front....
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options 26456A98-68A1-4663-AF4B-BFA4AB0CFE0D
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options 364AA6FF-D0BF-48B4-B139-222D36BB613B

0FDAD208-7412-4791-A010-6DF7BAB6CC61.jpeg

Reactions: LCW

charlie00tj

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy

charlie00tj

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! I don't have mine on yet. LOD sent me the wrong hardware for my bumper so had to wait a few more days for them to send the right stuff. By the way, they were very easy to work with and even threw in the LED bolt lights for free because of their mistake. I'll post some pics when I get mine installed.
Best thing to do with those is to splice them into the existing cable do you can reuse the OEM plug.
I really like the LOD bracket.

Jludiesel334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU ecoDIESEL ( on order 11-27)
Just ordered a Motobilt spare tire delete. Best looking relocation kits on the market imo

Sponsored

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Finally got the new bumper and license plate re-location bracket on. For those worried about it sticking out too far it's not bad. I have OEM fenders and the bracket doesn't even stick our past them. Here's a couple of pics from straight on from the back.

Inkedplate1.jpg

Inkedplate2.jpg