LED Fog Light bolt pattern?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
How many LED fog light attachment arrangements can a JL have on the front bumper?
I have seen one LED fog light for sale that had a four bolt pattern around the light (JK-type?). Another LED fog light had only two fairly large bolt brackets extending out from opposite sides.

Does the OEM steel bumper have a different attachment for the LED lights than the plastic bumper?

Important to know if you need to order a replacement.
Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 GMC Jimmy, 1986 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Ram Sport 4x4, Future JL
In my research, I've encountered 3 different foglight mounting patterns on the JL. The base Sport bumper, which has two ears going outside of the light on either side... one with 2 holes, the other with 1... with chintzy self tapping screws that go into the plastic of the bumper (and are easily stripped)... this is a halogen though, the Sahara and Base Rubicon bumper (I haven't gotten one yet),,, not sure if this is available in halogen and LED, and the steel Rubicon bumper one that is LED that has a little more robust mounting, with 2 bolts off to one side that are held in with I think 2 M6 bolts into U-nuts.

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
For a 2018 JLUR, plastic bumper, LED fog lights - it's 4 "ears" (one on each corner) that seem to match whatever was used previous. they transferred over to a JK/JL bumper by DV8 and lined up close to perfect.

so for the plastic bumper on the JLUR I think it's the same as the base sport described above; but if I remember when I took it off, those screws were in pretty well.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Mine was the plastic bumper and I had the same lights as the JK.
Sponsored