First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
So I purchased a Steel bumper for my Rubicon. It doesn't fit the stock LED fog lights that came on my JL. I purchased a pair of the Red Rigid Radiance Pods to use in the new bumper and want to wire them into the factory fog light wiring. The red backlight will of course wire up to the auxiliary switches in the center console...that I know is easy/simple. Anyone done this yet? Is it fairly simple/straight forward? Appreciate the insight!!!
Sponsored

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Should be a simple 3 wire connection. I will however caution you to be aware of your fellow drivers if you decide to use them in the highway.

OP
OP
AFfiredawg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Should be a simple 3 wire connection. I will however caution you to be aware of your fellow drivers if you decide to use them in the highway.
That's my thought as well. Of course, I just want to use the factory switch since the factory lights won't be there...

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm wanting to setup rigid fogs through the factory fog light button as well. Will any error codes show up in the dashboard if the lights are set up to the rigid pods? Also, will any additional fuses or relays needed to be added as I'm sure the rigid pods use a lot less amperage?

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What other aftermarket lights do you guys recommend to replace the fog lights? I’ll have to add some externally to my GoRhino bumper and I also want to use the existing fog light wiring, most importantly, is there a single plug and play option available?

Anyone know how much amps the current fog LED fog lights use? I tried searching online and couldn’t find it. I want to know how many amps the current fog light wiring can use. I don’t want to mess anything up.

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
So I purchased a Steel bumper for my Rubicon. It doesn't fit the stock LED fog lights that came on my JL. I purchased a pair of the Red Rigid Radiance Pods to use in the new bumper and want to wire them into the factory fog light wiring. The red backlight will of course wire up to the auxiliary switches in the center console...that I know is easy/simple. Anyone done this yet? Is it fairly simple/straight forward? Appreciate the insight!!!
With the Radiance lights and aux switches, did you need to purchase the wire harness that is listed as "mandatory" for the radiance lights?

OP
OP
AFfiredawg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
With the Radiance lights and aux switches, did you need to purchase the wire harness that is listed as "mandatory" for the radiance lights?
No, the regular light positive and ground wired into the fog wiring and the positive for the backlight went to the aux wiring by the battery

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
No, the regular light positive and ground wired into the fog wiring and the positive for the backlight went to the aux wiring by the battery
That's what I was assuming... appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored