OEM LED Fog Light extensions?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My new aftermarket front bumper has holes for the OEM LED fog lights. But the wiring harnesses will not stretch far enough to install the fog lights. Does anyone know of a source for a light harness extension that has factory compatible plugs on the ends, so I don't have to do any splicing?
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Have you checked the full length of the OEM harness thus far? I imagine they have connectors, or cable-ties to prevent extra lengths from hanging loose. Might be worth taking a second look if you haven't already.

Good luck, Chuck!

Nick C.

OP
OP

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Nope, the positions of the aftermarket fog lamps is more inboard than the OEM holes. I will need about 4-6 inches of extension.

Update: Are the JL LED fog light sockets the same as those in a JK? There are extensions available for JK fog lights. If not, I guess I could get out my trusty soldering iron and add some wire length.

Last edited:

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Nope, the positions of the aftermarket fog lamps is more inboard than the OEM holes. I will need about 4-6 inches of extension.

Update: Are the JL LED fog light sockets the same as those in a JK? There are extensions available for JK fog lights. If not, I guess I could get out my trusty soldering iron and add some wire length.
I know the connection is the same for non LED Rubicon. I purchased a steel bumper from a guy that had LED fogs, and my stock plug fit perfectly. Mine was non-LED from factory. Hope that helps!

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
You can always buy the connectors and make your own extension.