First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
RN
Before I start working on these, do I have to wire them specifically? My thought process is to wire it up to the dome (so they don't stay on when doors are off). I have a 2020.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Amber post a link to what you are trying to install it will help figure out what will work. I have a solid state relay wired to the light in the footwell to control the lights in the side steps.

There is a limit to how much can be added to the dome light circuit, found that out when I added the Brawlee tailgate light strip to the tailgate as it caused flickering in the other lights.
Gregj

ETA: I used this diy writeup to wire the step lights.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...step-lights-with-door-open-illumination.8744/

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Ok, those only draw 0.5 amps so you may able to wire them directly to the footwell lights. Looking at the wire diagram the footwell lights have three wires, the yellow/violet should be the dome light power, white/green should be ambient lighting and the black is ground. There have been reports of the wire colors changing so some trial and error may be needed.
Gregj

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Ok, those only draw 0.5 amps so you may able to wire them directly to the footwell lights. Looking at the wire diagram the footwell lights have three wires, the yellow/violet should be the dome light power, white/green should be ambient lighting and the black is ground. There have been reports of the wire colors changing so some trial and error may be needed.
Gregj
White/green is the one you want.

J.odea7

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Altitude (2020)
Before I start working on these, do I have to wire them specifically? My thought process is to wire it up to the dome (so they don't stay on when doors are off). I have a 2020.
Was thinking about getting a set of these as well. Were you able to get these wired correctly? If so do you have any pics?
Sponsored