LED CONVERSION

dan_gallo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
I have a stock sport S. I would like LEDs to update it. I recently got LED amber lights for the fenders

https://www.extremeterrain.com/vivi...ont-turn-signal-bulbs-7443-2018-jl-sport.html

However, it says that you need load resistors to work with these lights. But because these are basically running lights and will be running any time that I’m using my headlights I’m afraid to use resistors because they get extremely hot.
What is another solution?
I will also be replacing my fog lights, headlights, and my tail lights. But all new complete housings. Not just bulbs for those.
Thanks!
Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Quite a few of us have purchased the exact same set of bulbs from Amazon as is listed in this post. No resistors. No CAN bus modules. No going to the dealer or using a programmer to tell the Wrangler that you've switched from ordinary bulbs to LED lights. They just work.

And, yes, no hot resistors to worry about (been there with another vehicle). The headlights (if you replace those) do have some integrated fans, though. But nothing sticking out that would get hot.

Sponsored

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited