Sponsored

Leather seat damage after using heated seats

cedarz4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4xe
First time Jeep owner and having a blast! However.... a little disappointed in the quality of some of the parts. Having issues with my leather now - is this normal?

Got my JLU in September. I have 3,000 miles on it. It lives in the S. Florida sun with me, however, always garaged when outside.

Just today I turned the heated seats on for maybe 20 minutes.... and afterwards noticed severe wrinkling beyond what I would consider normal wear/tear. I figured the seat was just too hot and leather became more easily moldable. I got back to the car a few hours later, and now there is a distinct discolored patch. Leather feels different in texture as well. I'm 160lb and should not be heavy enough to cause "damage" from just sitting I'd imagine. Thoughts? Is this normal or would warranty cover this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Leather seat damage after using heated seats IMG-8002
Sponsored

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
First time Jeep owner and having a blast! However.... a little disappointed in the quality of some of the parts. Having issues with my leather now - is this normal?

Got my JLU in September. I have 3,000 miles on it. It lives in the S. Florida sun with me, however, always garaged when outside.

Just today I turned the heated seats on for maybe 20 minutes.... and afterwards noticed severe wrinkling beyond what I would consider normal wear/tear. I figured the seat was just too hot and leather became more easily moldable. I got back to the car a few hours later, and now there is a distinct discolored patch. Leather feels different in texture as well. I'm 160lb and should not be heavy enough to cause "damage" from just sitting I'd imagine. Thoughts? Is this normal or would warranty cover this?

I have not had that experience with the heated leather seats. I am also about 160 and occasionally use the heated seats. I have had my 2021 JLUR for 11 months and my seats do not look like that

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It will reshape itself eventually. The ā€œleatherā€ is too thin and does this. Thereā€™s even a note in the owners manual about the rear seats having marks on them after folding down and back up, says itā€™s normal and will go back.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order

Looks like a warranty claim to meā€¦clearly the seat is damagedā€¦.

Sponsored

twinbo

First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 22
Did this issue ever resolve? I noticed my 22 Sahara start doing this after sitting on it in a wet bathing suit for maybe 10 minutes

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Did this issue ever resolve? I noticed my 22 Sahara start doing this after sitting on it in a wet bathing suit for maybe 10 minutes
it just goes away after a while. I recommend folding a towel on the seat when youā€™re wet.
Sponsored