Vehicle Showcase

FLFIGUY

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU RUBICON
Have to get cloth here in FL. Did leather and it’s just too damn hot.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...-that-arent-all-leather/ar-BBU055R?li=BBnbfcL

Saw this today on MSN. I hardly think a story about someone getting awarded $1200 is worthy of front page news, if you consider MSN any source of actual news...

Did make me curious though if anyone knows if the JL "leather" is genuine leather or has another substance in it...?
Personally, I don't care if it is real leather or not.
If they can make a product that feels like leather, is just as durable is not more so, then I am fine with it.
On my old Passat, I had the "fake" leather. I found it to be better than actual leather in terms of keeping clean, resisting stains from passengers spilling stuff, and dark jeans especially. My Jaguar had really soft and supple leather, but they discolored very easily from dark jeans pants.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Most automotive leather is either a blend with leather and plastic or plastic coated leather. Pure unprotected leather would get destroyed in automotive environment, especially a Jeep.
The term “leather” these days just means “not cloth”.

Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Most automotive leather is either a blend with leather and plastic or plastic coated leather. Pure unprotected leather would get destroyed in automotive environment, especially a Jeep.
The term “leather” these days just means “not cloth”.
My 40yr old saddle, built with unprotected leather, would beg to disagree. haha

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...-that-arent-all-leather/ar-BBU055R?li=BBnbfcL

Saw this today on MSN. I hardly think a story about someone getting awarded $1200 is worthy of front page news, if you consider MSN any source of actual news...
Not sure, never looked into it. I have Leather in mine, and it feels like other leather cars I have had in the past. Not sure if its real, though. ( I was going to post Please don't Plother me with this Plullsh&&t) but I didnt' do it........or did I just.... Dang!!
Did make me curious though if anyone knows if the JL "leather" is genuine leather or has another substance in it...?
Sponsored