2019 JLUS Altitude, 2012 Audi A6, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Sponsored

Last edited:

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Without turning this into a leasing vs financing debate, I needed some assistance on my dealings for a 2020 JLU. I have received a great price (8% under invoice with Tread Lightly) on a Sahara Alt. order but the thing that is holding me back is the current MF. The dealer is quoting me 0.00295 (7.08%) from Chrysler Capital. Is there any way to figure out if this is marked up? If it is marked up, are MF's negotiable? On the flip side, other dealerships are saying they can't quote me the MF as it changes every month and with an order, they would need the VIN first to determine what the MF would be. Any thoughts?
Looking at other posts that doesn't seem that bad. RV likely will be ~63%/15k and 65%/12k.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Without turning this into a leasing vs financing debate, I needed some assistance on my dealings for a 2020 JLU. I have received a great price (8% under invoice with Tread Lightly) on a Sahara Alt. order but the thing that is holding me back is the current MF. The dealer is quoting me 0.00295 (7.08%) from Chrysler Capital. Is there any way to figure out if this is marked up? If it is marked up, are MF's negotiable? On the flip side, other dealerships are saying they can't quote me the MF as it changes every month and with an order, they would need the VIN first to determine what the MF would be. Any thoughts?
I went through this back in March....google jeep lease...I think there's an Edmunds Forum site that can give you current MF and Residual rates. I also see your in the DC area..... Most of the dealerships here are full of it.... Once you have numbers, I had the best experience with Rockville Jeep. Ask for Michael Teanseau, he won't waste your time on playing number games. I also got a decent amount on my trade in. (More than carmax). I'm in NOVA...most of these dealers kept trying to play lease games, just stick to the numbers....

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
Before you lease, I highly recommend checking out leasehackr.com to fully understand leases and to understand what's a good deal and not. Generally wranglers are poor leases, especially if you are MD or VA where I believe you will pay tax on the whole car, not just the capitalized cost. I was researching the penfed payment saver as an alternative. Good luck!!

OP
OP

Taktix1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at other posts that doesn't seem that bad. RV likely will be ~63%/15k and 65%/12k.
Thanks, I'm looking at 48/10 term with residuals at 62%.

I went through this back in March....google jeep lease...I think there's an Edmunds Forum site that can give you current MF and Residual rates. I also see your in the DC area..... Most of the dealerships here are full of it.... Once you have numbers, I had the best experience with Rockville Jeep. Ask for Michael Teanseau, he won't waste your time on playing number games. I also got a decent amount on my trade in. (More than carmax). I'm in NOVA...most of these dealers kept trying to play lease games, just stick to the numbers....
Yup, I'm on those forums and it is the first time they can't figure out the MF for a car. They just list "standard MF" and are guessing that it's around 0.00225 right now. Most of the dealerships are definitely full of it. I've been speaking to Koons (VA) and Criswell (MD)which have been the exceptions. I will give Rockville a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks!

Before you lease, I highly recommend checking out leasehackr.com to fully understand leases and to understand what's a good deal and not. Generally wranglers are poor leases, especially if you are MD or VA where I believe you will pay tax on the whole car, not just the capitalized cost. I was researching the penfed payment saver as an alternative. Good luck!!
I've leased a few cars already, I write a portion of them off on my taxes for business. But I will def check out leasehackr to get some more info. I was always under the impression that since the residual's are so high on Wranglers they were good to lease but yes you are right, the taxes are on the whole car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T

Yup, I'm on those forums and it is the first time they can't figure out the MF for a car. They just list "standard MF" and are guessing that it's around 0.00225 right now. Most of the dealerships are definitely full of it. I've been speaking to Koons (VA) and Criswell (MD) have been the exceptions. I will give Rockville a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks!

I've leased a few cars already, I write a portion of them off on my taxes for business. But I will def check out leasehackr to get some more info. I was always under the impression that since the residual's are so high on Wranglers they were good to lease but yes you are, the taxes are on the whole car.
You are right. The higher the residual the better a lease is. Wrangler is one of the best vehicles to lease if you can get the lease rate down. I am in Canada so it doesnt help you but my lease is 3.99% for 3 years. Anything higher than that and I dont think I would have signed up.

OP
OP

Taktix1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are right. The higher the residual the better a lease is. Wrangler is one of the best vehicles to lease if you can get the lease rate down. I am in Canada so it doesnt help you but my lease is 3.99% for 3 years. Anything higher than that and I dont think I would have signed up.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So that's where I'm at now, trying to get the MF down to a reasonable rate.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I’m guessing someone who works at a dealership could tell us the current “buy rate” MF by model (or drop someone a PM with it ;). )

OP
OP

Taktix1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m guessing someone who works at a dealership could tell us the current “buy rate” MF by model (or drop someone a PM with it ;). )
Yes, Im hoping a certain someone can help us all out!!

johnbrochill

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
FYI - just attempted to place an order for a Jeep last night in WA. I decided against it because the MF was too high, and payments did not make sense based on my calculations.

Money Factor listed was .00256 (6.94% APR). However, they did have a 'special' APR of 4.656 (MF = .00193), which is much better, even though it still seems high based on previous leases I have done. This is with Chrysler 'Tier 1' financing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shakey Graves

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited (JLU)
Occupation
Data Analysis, Photographer
Hey, check out the Honker app. You can lease directly through the app, it bases the payments off a soft hit on your credit score, all through the app. It is a really good tool to see some great deals.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Yup, I'm on those forums and it is the first time they can't figure out the MF for a car. They just list "standard MF" and are guessing that it's around 0.00225 right now. Most of the dealerships are definitely full of it. I've been speaking to Koons (VA) and Criswell (MD)which have been the exceptions. I will give Rockville a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks!

I've leased a few cars already, I write a portion of them off on my taxes for business. But I will def check out leasehackr to get some more info. I was always under the impression that since the residual's are so high on Wranglers they were good to lease but yes you are right, the taxes are on the whole car.
The rate is marked up by about 3% with FCA. Based on the term your looking for (4 years) your better off negotiating on a purchase which will get the price of the jeep down and then finance through your own bank or credit union (currently 3.39) on a 5 or 6 year purchase and payments will be close to your lease. If your leasing for 3 years then consider it if you're not sure if you'll own the jeep after that but once you're at a 4 year lease at that point purchasing makes more sense. I negotiated 20% off the sticker price and purchase payment was cheaper than the lease payment. Now I know dealers are more likely to deal on sahara's more than rubicons. Keep in mind that the jeeps hold their value extremely high and if you get sick of it after 4 years you can alway sell it and most likely after making 4 years of payments you can sell the jeep for more than you'll owe which is far better than handing the dealer the jeep back after 4 years for $0 return.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
The rate is marked up by about 3% with FCA. Based on the term your looking for (4 years) your better off negotiating on a purchase which will get the price of the jeep down and then finance through your own bank or credit union (currently 3.39) on a 5 or 6 year purchase and payments will be close to your lease. If your leasing for 3 years then consider it if you're not sure if you'll own the jeep after that but once you're at a 4 year lease at that point purchasing makes more sense. I negotiated 20% off the sticker price and purchase payment was cheaper than the lease payment. Now I know dealers are more likely to deal on sahara's more than rubicons. Keep in mind that the jeeps hold their value extremely high and if you get sick of it after 4 years you can alway sell it and most likely after making 4 years of payments you can sell the jeep for more than you'll owe which is far better than handing the dealer the jeep back after 4 years for $0 return.
You can sell a car at the end of a lease too, I ussueally pul 1-4K in equity Because I usually lease my cars well when there are good promotions and I shop dealers nationally
Sponsored