First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I got the plasma table set up. Next step is to get my cardboard mock up entered into the CAD program and cut the first one out. That probably take another month.

BB11EF3C-D49F-49FE-BE2B-2E1BFB84C9D0.jpeg
You willing to do some custom work with that bad boy?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I’m too new at using this fancy equipment to say yes! Lol. Give me some time to see how it goes.

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I’m waiting for a windows computer so I can start using the plasma table. And I’ve been focusing on my Jeeps suspension. Should be done with the suspension in 2 weeks. So probably a few more months.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thank you for taking this on, a bolt from underneath box will be fantastic. A Marine Hatch and storage cubby might work too, on West Marine website " access hatch liners "

Sponsored

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Sorry, it’s going Hella slow! There’s a pretty steep learning curve on how to operate a CNC plasma table and how to do CAD programming. And I am new to both of those. I started working out the dimensions in the CAD program but hit a wall. Plasma table is at my side job which I only spend about four hours a week at. I’ll get there one of these days though and I’ll update when I do. Thanks for the interest!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Great thread, I missed this one and just found it. I thought about this also and noticed if the sway bar was deleted with a RockJock through the frame unit. A much bigger box could be added. To far into good wheeling weather now. Next winters project haha.

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Yup. That sway bar makes it a pain to design and make. I‘ve driven mine with the rear sway bar disconnected, and I couldn’t feel any difference. After I get the regular version made, I plan on making an even bigger one for mine whith no rear sway bar and the 1 1/4” body lift I have!

Sponsored

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I know I'm jumping on here late, but in line with The Last Cowboy's suggestion for keeping it simple, would it be possible to just extend the existing tub.

I don't have a specific solution for this, but it would seem that it you cut it laterally, then you could just add in any length you need using PVC stock sourced from home depot. The only challenge would be to bending the PVC board to match the rounded corners, but that should be achievable with a heat gun and clamps. Add some epoxy and sealant and it should would be water tight. To increase strength you could always add aluminum or SS pop-rivets

By using the existing plastic tub, you would keep the benefits of a drop in solution and keep the weight down.

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Another way to gain more storage,after the muffler delete, is to cut the bottom only out of the cubby, and add a drop- in " access hatch liner", or a Tote with a flanged edge.
This would deepen the storage area, and be reversible.
Once mine is paid for, this will be my method.

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Sorry, but life is just too damn busy…..haven’t built the first one yet. I’m for sure going to build one for me, and I’d like to make them available, but not sure if it’ll ever happen? I did have the thought recently that it could be a lot larger, and more rectangular, if I were to make it bolt on from the bottom only. That way it wouldn’t have to be able to slid in from the top, which limits the size. I’ll update when any progress is made.
And I am still surprised that no company has attempted this yet. Way easier than it was on the JK.