elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hey y'all

Installed MOPAR 2" lift kit with Mopar Beadlock capable wheels...

There is a knock coming from under/near the driver floor panel, it can be felt when i place my leg on the floor... can be heard also by passengers...

However, it is only when decelerating, at around 50-60 mph...

Took it to the dealer, went for a drive with the CSO, replicated the sound (he heard it)... and after a day at the dealer, they couldn't figure out what it was...

Anyone had a similar issue? anything would help.

Thanks
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey y'all

Installed MOPAR 2" lift kit with Mopar Beadlock capable wheels...

There is a knock coming from under/near the driver floor panel, it can be felt when i place my leg on the floor... can be heard also by passengers...

However, it is only when decelerating, at around 50-60 mph...

Took it to the dealer, went for a drive with the CSO, replicated the sound (he heard it)... and after a day at the dealer, they couldn't figure out what it was...

Anyone had a similar issue? anything would help.

Thanks
@elieah,
We understand why this might be concerning! If you are continuing to work with your dealer toward a diagnosis, feel free to send our team a private message. We would be happy to assist you during your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
elieah

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
@elieah,
We understand why this might be concerning! If you are continuing to work with your dealer toward a diagnosis, feel free to send our team a private message. We would be happy to assist you during your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Hi Kathryn,

Please check your private messages...

Thanks
Elie

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Kathryn,

Please check your private messages...

Thanks
Elie
Hi Elie, I was able to follow up with you privately. Please let me know there if you have any further questions.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
elieah

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
dealership swapped the 35" tires to smaller size (stock)... went for a drive... noise was still there but less noticeable (As per the mechanic that test drove it). They opened the differential, found discoloration in the oil. They're changing it and giving it back to me to try it out tomorrow...

Basically, they suspect a differential problem. Seems couple of other 2018 JLs blew out their diffs after installing 35" tires...
If issue persists, i will get the differential sorted out under warranty.

Allid

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
dealership swapped the 35" tires to smaller size (stock)... went for a drive... noise was still there but less noticeable (As per the mechanic that test drove it). They opened the differential, found discoloration in the oil. They're changing it and giving it back to me to try it out tomorrow...

Basically, they suspect a differential problem. Seems couple of other 2018 JLs blew out their diffs after installing 35" tires...
If issue persists, i will get the differential sorted out under warranty.
Hi!

Did you get this thing sorted out? I have a similar problem and are looking for ansers :)

OP
OP
elieah

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hi!

Did you get this thing sorted out? I have a similar problem and are looking for ansers :)
yep, changed the differential case assembly
Part 68401154AB
However, i expect the sound to come back in a few hundred miles... as that is the exact part that was previously in the axle (which seems deffective in 2018 models)... at this point, an upgraded part for the newer models will be installed... at least that's what the dealership said.
Sponsored