Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Just received a set of XD231 beadlocks. Just have a few questions

-can I use regular hex head bolts instead of the supplied Allen head bolts for the beadlock ring? I’d much rather have a nice zinc plated hex head bolt.
- how do you guys prevent corrosion on the beadlock bolts/threads without using anti seize? I’ll be driving these year round in the Midwest where we use tons of salt on the roads in winter. I don’t want these things seizing up causing damage when it’s time to change tires.
-center caps, what do you guys have?
-lug nuts, will factory work? Or should a set of gorilla splined nuts work just fine? I’d rather have the acorn style if possible.

FA44D1E6-3E9A-4A81-ACEB-BEB0B302F0B7.jpeg
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I anti-seized my threads, but the bolt heads have never rusted in a year and a half. I live in Oregon where it rains all the time, I play in the Sand dune‘s, the snow and the rocks. My beadlock rings are scratched all to hell.

I used Omix-ada bumper end caps for the old-man style tube bumpers.

Factory lug nuts won’t work. The gorilla splines should be fine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Kmc XD231 beadlock bolts D330E9C7-4A94-480F-BA59-EFE89C1220D3

OP
OP
Qjoh5510

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I’ve always heard to stay away from anti seize on beadlock bolts because you can over torque them and break them on accident. Any issues with bolts coming loose or anything with the anti seize?
Thanks for the info on the lugnuts!

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I antiseized my threads as well. Also can confirm that the stock lugs will not work. They have a different taper than the KMC wheels. I use the gorilla splined nuts and they work well.

Is there room for a hex bolt plus a socket in the beadlock ring? It’s hard to tell in the picture and I can’t recall on my wheel if there is. Something to check though

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always heard to stay away from anti seize on beadlock bolts because you can over torque them and break them on accident. Any issues with bolts coming loose or anything with the anti seize?
Thanks for the info on the lugnuts!
I check the torque on mine after a trail most of the time. I haven’t come across a loose one yet. Only about a year of use on mine though. I get the concern about over tightening with anti seize but I really didn’t want them rusting tight. (Colorado) I used a small dab on each bolt. Who knows, I may live to regret it someday.

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
No issues. Torqued to 18 or 20, can’t remember. Re-torqued them once and haven’t touched them for 20,000 miles. Been through Rubicon, two weeks in Moab, AZ, Sand Hollow. Aired down many times to 3 psi in the snow, 10 in the sand with lots of whoops, donut spinning, etc. I’m not easy on them.

OP
OP
Qjoh5510

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I antiseized my threads as well. Also can confirm that the stock lugs will not work. They have a different taper than the KMC wheels. I use the gorilla splined nuts and they work well.

Is there room for a hex bolt plus a socket in the beadlock ring? It’s hard to tell in the picture and I can’t recall on my wheel if there is. Something to check though
Now that I look closer I don’t think there’s enough room for the hex head and a socket.

OP
OP
Qjoh5510

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I check the torque on mine after a trail most of the time. I haven’t come across a loose one yet. Only about a year of use on mine though. I get the concern about over tightening with anti seize but I really didn’t want them rusting tight. (Colorado) I used a small dab on each bolt. Who knows, I may live to regret it someday.
I’m in the same boat. The salt out here in the winter will rust anything and everything and I don’t want the bolts becoming permanent lol.

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Concerning Mopar 17" beadlock Wheels for my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon . I went to the dealership to see about picking up a few extra beadlock ring bolts. They couldn't tell me what size the bolts are but wanted to rip me $80.00 for five bolts. Poking around on Mopar parts web site , even with the part number in hand, I was unable to find out what size the bolts are. So now I'm considering parking my jeep with a jack underneath and pull one of the bolts to identity the size. The whole point is to have extras on hand, get a minor dia drill for the bolt size, and a tap to chase the threads if nessesary should one fail. Better prepared than sorry.
Sponsored