Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Was a simply reply - that still stands. I didn't say it wouldn't work. I said it doesn't "sound" like a good idea. Relax, the world still spins
I'll pass. Doesn't sound like a good idea. :lipssealed:
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Doomgaze

In regard to the grill and the front bumper of your JL....

Believe it or not, I use this on occasion during Love Bug season and or when I will be doing a lengthy road trip at night in a locale where the bugs are plenty.
  • It applies easily
  • It easily washes off with car soap and water
  • You really can't see it
  • It keeps the bugs and crapola from sticking to things
  • It does not harm paint
  • Is inexpensive
I've used this stuff on Class A, RV's, Wrangler's and more... it works.. The stuff also is a plus in the kitchen occasionally.

1049989.jpg

Last edited:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Right, but what about after they dry? Especially when they hit the corner where the wipers don't reach, by the time I have a chance to get to them, they're already dried. Microfiber isn't even enough, I usually have to use my fingernail to get the final bits off.
In Arizona we have periodic swarms of large bugs that seem to love to hover over the asphalt. You'll be driving along and suddenly your windshield is covered with large bug splatters. Pretty much over powers the wipers. The dealership taught me to use a single edge razer blade held almost parallel to the glass to scrape off the bulk of the dried on bugs. Then a little water and a towel will remove the residue. Scary to try it, but it works quite well.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Bio Clean hard water spot remover is a paste that has a little grit to it but is safe to use on glass. It will definitely remove water spots but will also remove any residue from bugs, tar, etc. you have to clean the window prior and after using the bio clean. And once you do a spot, it will be so clean that it will have a polished appearance and you’ll want to do the whole thing.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
@Doomgaze

In regard to the grill and the front bumper of your JL....

Believe it or not, I use this on occasion during Love Bug season and or when I will be doing a lengthy road trip at night in a locale where the bugs are plenty.
  • It applies easily
  • It easily washes off with car soap and water
  • You really can't see it
  • It keeps the bugs and crapola from sticking to things
  • It does not harm paint
  • Is inexpensive
I've used this stuff on Class A, RV's, Wrangler's and more... it works.. The stuff also is a plus in the kitchen occasionally.

1049989.jpg
I tried pam on a trip to new orleans when the love bugs were heavy. It really didn't help me any, maybe the bugs are bigger down there. I got to the hotel and the parking guy offered to wash my truck for free because it was so bad. I gave him a good tip. I sprayed it again when we left to come home and they were glued on when we got back. They were so bad i had to stop several times to clean the windshield, the washers would not clean it enough to see.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@47Jeepster

I have been using a single edge razor on my windows for years. I wet the window with glass cleaner, wait a minute or so and then have at it with the single edge razor. Follow it up with glass cleaner and paper towel. I learned long ago, never to use a scrubby pad on a window that has grit, bird chitt (it has grit in it). Using a scrubby pad is asking for scratches on a window. Single edge razor will not scratch the windshield if used correctly.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried pam on a trip to new orleans when the love bugs were heavy. It really didn't help me any, maybe the bugs are bigger down there. I got to the hotel and the parking guy offered to wash my truck for free because it was so bad. I gave him a good tip. I sprayed it again when we left to come home and they were glued on when we got back. They were so bad i had to stop several times to clean the windshield, the washers would not clean it enough to see.
I found that you have to put the Pam on quite heavy. Worked quite well for Love Bugs which was my biggest enemy. 8-)

Also, I always had a fresh coat of car wax on the vehicles..

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Lots of water and 0000 steel wool
Sponsored