First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Well, today was the day for my yearly dance with Sirius/XM chat. This year I agreed to $5.99/mo. So, $12 more this year than my last two, but with inflation what it is I think I got a fair deal.

Calendar reminder added for next year!
Same here, yearly dance... got a year at $69.45. :) Hate that you have to do this dance every year, but decent price doing so.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
After Apple Music and podcasts became a thing, I have never given sirius another thought. I enjoy no commercials and all the music options I could possibly want. I also don't have to worry about shady billing changes or difficult to talk to customer service.

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
yeah, once they did a year where they stopped notifying me my cheaper rate ended and I payed regular price for 2 months I walked away. i know its up to me to pay attention but they always used to notify then i would do phone call dance. Honestly have enough data on phone so just as good

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Streaming Apple Music or Pandora has better sound than Sirius through the sound system. I think Sirius broadcasts at a lower quality. Even streaming Sirius doesnā€™t sound as good.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
After Apple Music and podcasts became a thing, I have never given sirius another thought. I enjoy no commercials and all the music options I could possibly want. I also don't have to worry about shady billing changes or difficult to talk to customer service.
I have and use all that, too, but if Iā€™m driving down the street to the grocery store I donā€™t want to mess with all that. Long drives, sure.

Maybe because Iā€™m GenX, but thereā€™s just something about flipping through radio presets while driving that feels right. (FM has only two stations Iā€™d even consider, and even those are blaring ads 99% of the time.)

Iā€™m happy with $5.99/mo.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I have and use all that, too, but if Iā€™m driving down the street to the grocery store I donā€™t want to mess with all that. Long drives, sure.

Maybe because Iā€™m GenX, but thereā€™s just something about flipping through radio presets while driving that feels right. (FM has only two stations Iā€™d even consider, and even those are blaring ads 99% of the time.)

Oh I'm talking over bluetooth, not CarPlay (which is also awesome). I just jump in the wrangler and whatever I had playing previously auto plays over bluetooth, or I ask Siri to play something different. I'm old too, I just got tired of listening to any DJs and commercials.

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I'm agree. I just like getting in and flipping though the stations with the steering wheel buttons.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Oh I'm talking over bluetooth, not CarPlay (which is also awesome). I just jump in the wrangler and whatever I had playing previously auto plays over bluetooth, or I ask Siri to play something different. I'm old too, I just got tired of listening to any DJs and commercials.
My problem with that is it requires decisiveness. I often donā€™t know what Iā€™m in the mood for until I hear it.

I do agree this new tech is awesome, though. My UConnect is wayyy better than whatā€™s in my wifeā€™s Yukon or kidsā€™ Honda. (Well, after I finally got version 39.6 that eliminates the random reboot bug.)

I also love that iOS finally added third party app integration. ā€œPlay the album Darkside of the Moon on Spotify.ā€ Sweet.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Pretty sure I still get regular subscription reminders for a 2011 Grand Cherokee I havenā€™t owned in 8 yearsā€¦SiriusXM is the worst.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
My problem with that is it requires decisiveness. I often donā€™t know what Iā€™m in the mood for until I hear it.

I do agree this new tech is awesome, though. My UConnect is wayyy better than whatā€™s in my wifeā€™s Yukon or kidsā€™ Honda. (Well, after I finally got version 39.6 that eliminates the random reboot bug.)

I also love that iOS finally added third party app integration. ā€œPlay the album Darkside of the Moon on Spotify.ā€ Sweet.
Iā€™ve been beta testing the iPhone operating systems since iOS 7, my phone seems to have developed a kind of personality of its own now. On indecisive days I tell Siri to play ā€œmy musicā€ and it randomizes whatever I own with whatever is similar on Apple Music, so far it has come up with some interesting playlists. I get a lot of rock and country with a little bit of rap and opera mixed in šŸ˜‚

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hell with what they spend on paper and postage sending me letters begging me to sign up after my free trial, they could just give me the service free.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Sirius XM music playlist are very short, constantly repeating, with no way to skip forward.

Not worth the icon space on uconnect.
Sponsored