FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just went through the order process at my local deal, and let me stress to you guys SHOP AROUND! I had one dealer tell me it was $1000 non refundable, another said $2000 refundable, and finally the one I ordered from it was just a tiny $100 fully refundable.

NOTE THE ONLY WAY YOU GET THOSE FANCY 4 AUX SWITCHES IS WITH THE TOW PACKAGE!

Ordered a JLUR so all my views here are Rubi only, I did not look at Sport or Sahara.

The available options right now are limited for the Rubicon. I will post details later on what exactly the order form looked like but here is what it was off the top of my head.

DRIVELINE (first page)
23R (Manual)
24R (8 speed auto)

ENGINE
3.6L Only (as expected since I got a manual as outlined by the release details)
2.0L not even on the screen (I assume this is because on the previous screen I had already chosen manual)

WHEELS
Rubi had one option for the 17x7.5 black with a polished lip type rim (stock are also black and polished just a different design.
**Both are 17x7.5 so no matter what rim you choose, you will likely change them anyways....not that you cant mount a 12.5 tire on a 7.5 rim...but yea discussion for another thread that has been beat dead many years over lol

INTERIOR
Leather Seats
Leather Seats (two tone interior black/heritage tan)
Premium cloth seats
MOPAR mats
Hard top headliner
Smokers group
Cold Weather Group

ELECTRONICS
Electronics Infotainment Group (this is the full blow package...there is no technology group that gets you the 8.4" screen, you have to go the full package...Jeep knows how to make money on options LOL)
**The ONLY electronic package for the Rubi to get the 8" screen is the full blown Infotainment group package, there is no 8.4" connectivity upgrade as speculated in other posts (Rubi comes STANDARD with the 7"). This package includes the Alpine upgrade, woofer, amp, etc. I am guessing this is easily a $2000+ upgrade package.

LIGHTING
LED group is optional, nothing else
NO other options for lighting... (NOTE the Safety Group did include LED Tail Lights only though)
**Rubi came stock with the interior LEDs...I am not sure if thats standard on all or not so others may have various other package options

EXTERIOR
Tow package is optional (includes the 4 Aux power switches up front)
Steel Bumper Group is optional (I assume this is the removable end cap option bumper because stock Rubicon equipment was listed as injection molded bumpers)
Three Piece top (with :puke: or without color matched paint)
Dual top
Premium sun rider soft top
Paint matched fenders :puke:

BODY PAINT
Firecracker Red
Silver
Granite
White
Black
**The next two were under speculation around the forums about not being available but the dealer said they were available for selection
Ocean Blue (was offered)
Punk'n (was offered)
NOT OFFERED (dealer said not expected until 2019 model year) Hella Yella

This was off the top of my head so I will be sure to scan and post the full details when I get home from work!
Sponsored

REDRUBYJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU 6 speed, 2018 ZL1 Camaro Convertible 6 speed, 2017 Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide, 2015 Hyundai Elantra
Just went through the order process at my local deal, and let me stress to you guys SHOP AROUND! I had one dealer tell me it was $1000 non refundable, another said $2000 refundable, and finally the one I ordered from it was just a tiny $100 fully refundable.

NOTE THE ONLY WAY YOU GET THOSE FANCY 4 AUX SWITCHES IS WITH THE TOW PACKAGE!

Ordered a JLUR so all my views here are Rubi only, I did not look at Sport or Sahara.

The available options right now are limited for the Rubicon. I will post details later on what exactly the order form looked like but here is what it was off the top of my head.

DRIVELINE (first page)
23R (Manual)
24R (8 speed auto)

ENGINE
3.6L Only (as expected since I got a manual as outlined by the release details)
2.0L not even on the screen (I assume this is because on the previous screen I had already chosen manual)

WHEELS
Rubi had one option for the 17x7.5 black with a polished lip type rim (stock are also black and polished just a different design.
**Both are 17x7.5 so no matter what rim you choose, you will likely change them anyways....not that you cant mount a 12.5 tire on a 7.5 rim...but yea discussion for another thread that has been beat dead many years over lol

INTERIOR
Leather Seats
Leather Seats (two tone interior black/heritage tan)
Premium cloth seats
MOPAR mats
Hard top headliner
Smokers group
Cold Weather Group

ELECTRONICS
Electronics Infotainment Group (this is the full blow package...there is no technology group that gets you the 8.4" screen, you have to go the full package...Jeep knows how to make money on options LOL)
**The ONLY electronic package for the Rubi to get the 8" screen is the full blown Infotainment group package, there is no 8.4" connectivity upgrade as speculated in other posts (Rubi comes STANDARD with the 7"). This package includes the Alpine upgrade, woofer, amp, etc. I am guessing this is easily a $2000+ upgrade package.

LIGHTING
LED group is optional, nothing else
NO other options for lighting... (NOTE the Safety Group did include LED Tail Lights only though)
**Rubi came stock with the interior LEDs...I am not sure if thats standard on all or not so others may have various other package options

EXTERIOR
Tow package is optional (includes the 4 Aux power switches up front)
Steel Bumper Group is optional (I assume this is the removable end cap option bumper because stock Rubicon equipment was listed as injection molded bumpers)
Three Piece top (with :puke: or without color matched paint)
Dual top
Premium sun rider soft top
Paint matched fenders :puke:

BODY PAINT
Firecracker Red
Silver
Granite
White
Black
**The next two were under speculation around the forums about not being available but the dealer said they were available for selection
Ocean Blue (was offered)
Punk'n (was offered)

This was off the top of my head so I will be sure to scan and post the full details when I get home from work!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
so is th eonly way to get the 8.4 inch screen

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
So we can order blue and Punk'n? Isn't this news?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So we can order blue and Punk'n? Isn't this news?
Im not sure honestly, I have heard that others say you cant, but my dealer (Pomoco of Hampton here in the VA Hampton Roads area) had it as an available option. I picked FC Red so I cannot say that I ordered either of them!

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so is th eonly way to get the 8.4 inch screen
For the Rubicon, this was the ONLY way to get the 8.4" Screen was to get the Electronics Infotainment Group, no other group offered on Rubicon models. Sahara, and Sport may or may not be different. Speculation around is that Sports cannot even get the option of the 8.4" but I cannot confirm that part.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Order guide shows it as available option on Rubicon and Sahara and not available on Sport both as part of Infotainment Group or standalone.

2018_wrangler_4_door_jl_12_04_2017-9-jpg.jpg

2018_wrangler_2_door_jl_12_04_2017-6-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

Congrats on your order and thanks for taking the time to share your findings w/ us!

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Ocean Blue (was offered)
Punk'n (was offered)
Take what dealers say with a grain of salt (JLWF Dealer Guy excepted). Forums such as this, have much more knowledge. Not saying your dealer is wrong, but in many cases they just don't take the time to research the details like us crazy people on this forum. Often they are wrong :) For those hoping for Hella Yella, don't give up yet!

And Congratulations on placing your order! :rock::clap::dance:

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
For the Rubicon, this was the ONLY way to get the 8.4" Screen was to get the Electronics Infotainment Group, no other group offered on Rubicon models. Sahara, and Sport may or may not be different. Speculation around is that Sports cannot even get the option of the 8.4" but I cannot confirm that part.
Correct me if i am wrong but on the 2nd page of this thread it shows the 8.4 inch screen with nav as standard onthe rubicon? This is why I am so confused?

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
Correct me if i am wrong but on the 2nd page of this thread it shows the 8.4 inch screen with nav as standard onthe rubicon? This is why I am so confused?
Just ordered mine and it's definitely an option... AEK $1495
Sponsored