Just exhaust tips

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone replaced or added black exhaust tips to the factory exhaust? I just want the black tips and do not want to change out the entire system just to get them.
Sponsored

Sponsored

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
Has anyone replaced or added black exhaust tips to the factory exhaust? I just want the black tips and do not want to change out the entire system just to get them.
measure the stock tips outside diameter ( i don't know it off hand ) and google that size and black exhaust tips. keep in mind most of what you find will be clamp on and too long.

i'm really surprised no one has released an axle back kit. all of the aftermarket setups are full catback which seems unnecessary when most just want a more aggressive muffler that's smaller and more tucked up to the body.

redbeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392XR
The problem with an axle back kit is that the 392 exhaust is only 2 pieces after the cats. It's the main resonator/x pipe, and then the muffler. And the muffler is somewhat unique in that the inlets are in the center of the body/canister, and not the end caps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just exhaust tips 20

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
Simple rattle can job, prime with high heat, cure per directions, gloss paint.
@DoneDeal - I completely agree with @2nd 392 - that high temp spray paint is the right way to go. I went this method with most of my previous vehicles and it can be a 1-time job when done right. It is less than $100 in materials and shouldn't take much of your time.

Super easy to do with some automotive tape, painter's paper (for overspray), and high temp paint. I have generally gone with a matte finish but gloss doesn't look bad if you want to catch attention. As he said, pay attention to the instructions for curing the paint or you will need to do it all over again.

That said, I have the black borla atak exhaust and it looks great (as well as change the angle/height of the stock tips).... the sound is ridiculously fun. :LOL:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
@DoneDeal - I completely agree with @2nd 392 - that high temp spray paint is the right way to go. I went this method with most of my previous vehicles and it can be a 1-time job when done right. It is less than $100 in materials and shouldn't take much of your time.

Super easy to do with some automotive tape, painter's paper (for overspray), and high temp paint. I have generally gone with a matte finish but gloss doesn't look bad if you want to catch attention. As he said, pay attention to the instructions for curing the paint or you will need to do it all over again.

That said, I have the black borla atak exhaust and it looks great (as well as change the angle/height of the stock tips).... the sound is ridiculously fun. :LOL:
Iā€™m considering Borla or AWE. But I have a problem. When I brought it home she tried to get inā€” I canā€™t get in, this is Bullsh!t, I need running boards, and Itā€™s Too Loud ! So howā€™s Borlaā€™s quiet mode ? I donā€™t wanna get B I itched at, get enough about my High Dollar Jeep already. šŸ˜‰

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
Iā€™m considering Borla or AWE. But I have a problem. When I brought it home she tried to get inā€” I canā€™t get in, this is Bullsh!t, I need running boards, and Itā€™s Too Loud ! So howā€™s Borlaā€™s quiet mode ? I donā€™t wanna get B I itched at, get enough about my High Dollar Jeep already. šŸ˜‰
Simple...trade her in for a sport model and do what you want with the Jeep!...lol

Funny story..when my 58yo wife drives my Vortec charged C6 Vette, she found my button and drives with it in obnoxious mode :rock:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Simple...trade her in for a sport model and do what you want with the Jeep!...lol

Funny story..when my 58yo wife drives my Vortec charged C6 Vette, she found my button and drives with it in obnoxious mode :rock:
I do what I want, but donā€™t like Hearing about it . I have found proper wording helpsā€” Going to get the tires Rotated ā€”33ā€™s rotated off, 35ā€™s rotated onā€” Getting the rear end worked onā€”3.73ā€™s worked out, 4.56ā€™s worked in. šŸ˜Œ It was a serious question about Borlaā€™s ā€œquietā€ mode, compared to stock. Hearing about it would be unavoidable if much louder šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

Last edited: