Sponsored

Just a quick vent. I need to vent.

Jaydonoghue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Which dealership is this? I'm in NH and had a good experience 2 months ago at Nucar in Tilton...

Unfortunately stock is limited up in this area, and they wouldnt have a problem finding a buyer.
Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Which dealership is this? I'm in NH and had a good experience 2 months ago at Nucar in Tilton...

Unfortunately stock is limited up in this area, and they wouldnt have a problem finding a buyer.
He clearly doesn't want to name the dealership, probably because this situation might well get worse and require litigation.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Depending on how much you sold it for, you may have lost a couple grand to sales tax by not trading. You only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade in price and the sale price of the new vehicle in most states.
No sales tax in NH.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
This OR name names. What dealership are you dealing with? You seem hesitant to reveal this.
I am not mentioning names because I am venting. I am not looking to attack the dealership on the interwebs. I was just expressing my frustration with how this has been handled under new ownership. Even if they are transitioning. I am sure I am not the only one.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
So end result was they made it happen with a different lease company. I asked why they did not do that from the start? Never really got an answer, but all is good. Lower payment, and much lower residual value at the end so, I guess it was worth the wait.

Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
So end result was they made it happen with a different lease company. I asked why they did not do that from the start? Never really got an answer, but all is good. Lower payment, and much lower residual value at the end so, I guess it was worth the wait.
Good for you that this is resolved. You mention three dealerships near you, all with the same attitude of indifference towards their customers. I probably shopped these same dealers (Rochester, Somersworth and Sanford?) before buying (Exeter) and they all seemed okay, especially given the current sellers market.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Good for you that this is resolved. You mention three dealerships near you, all with the same attitude of indifference towards their customers. I probably shopped these same dealers (Rochester, Somersworth and Sanford?) before buying (Exeter) and they all seemed okay, especially given the current sellers market.
I did go to Saco at one point but not Sanford. But the three I referred to was Portsmouth Somersworth, and Rochester. I never even thought about Exeter until after I had signed, or I would have checked them out.

Codak

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I did go to Saco at one point but not Sanford. But the three I referred to was Portsmouth Somersworth, and Rochester. I never even thought about Exeter until after I had signed, or I would have checked them out.
I tried the one in Exeter and they wouldn’t offer anything below MSRP. I liked the guys in Portsmouth but they couldn’t beat/match the offer from Manchester.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I tried the one in Exeter and they wouldn’t offer anything below MSRP. I liked the guys in Portsmouth but they couldn’t beat/match the offer from Manchester.
I too liked he guys at Bournival but didn’t buy there. I don’t hold it against them that they sell every unit at sticker, good for them. They are a small dealership that probably doesn’t need to discount, especially given the demographics of their home market.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Charts only mean something when one understands them.

On the 1K point scale they show, the spread between Chevy and Jeep is only 3.6% on one and 4.2% on the other. Even if corrected to factor in margins of error, single digit spreads are basically a flip of the coin.

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
So I ordered my Willys june 12. I sold my truck back to the dealership to clear up things so I could lease the jeep. The jeep arrived on 7/7. I go down to pick it up, and was informed as I was doing the paperwork that the dealership was sold on 7/1. The new owners have to sign contracts with the leasing companies, and had not done it. It seemed like they would have things cleared up the next day, so I finished the paperwork, gave them the agreed upon money, and got my lease payment figured out. So anyways, that was Thursday. So Friday rolled around, and I was told it would be Monday or Tuesday. So Monday came, and I was told Thursday (today). Today I was emailed that the contracts are still not signed. One week since I did the paperwork. The attitude seems to be if you don't like the deal, don't buy it. We will sell it to someone. Had I known jeep dealers have that mentality, I don't think I would have wasted my time. At least the Chevy dealership goes above and beyond for customer satisfaction. Jeep dealers act like they have a product that sells it's self, so we do not need to worry about customer service.
You're dealing with an issue with one particular dealer, so why say it's "Jeeps" fault, or FCA or Stellantis or other dealerships. Not mine. Sorry to hear of your experience , but when a business sells it has nothing to do with the product issue and everything to do with that business alone.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
You're dealing with an issue with one particular dealer, so why say it's "Jeeps" fault, or FCA or Stellantis or other dealerships. Not mine. Sorry to hear of your experience , but when a business sells it has nothing to do with the product issue and everything to do with that business alone.
I never said it was Jeep's fault. I said Jeep dealers. Not once, but twice I mentioned Jeep dealers. I never said Jeep, I never said FCA/Stellantis. I was venting because it seemed the dealer was dragging their feet (and they were), and the three dealers I have been too all have a similar attitude of "the car sells itself, so we will not go above and beyond for any customer." I was expecting them to put a little effort into it. After a week of telling me they could not connect to one lease company, they just wet with another. I asked why they did not do that to begin with. I never got an answer.
Sponsored