Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Jtop2.jpg
Jtop1.jpg
Jtop3.jpg
I received my Jtop for my 18 JLU yesterday. While I was installing it today, I discovered what I see as a major design flaw.

The first two side straps, closest to the front windshield, are lined up RIGHT where the mounts for the MOPAR grab handles are. I have it installed with the Jtop straps inside the grab handle mounts, which creates a nasty pucker in the roof. Also, when folded back for closing the soft top, this creates a significant sag in the top, right above your field of vision.

I haven't driven with the soft top back yet, but I wanted to post this to see of others had the same problem? How hard is it to move the first to straps back an inch or two around the standard mounting area for MOPAR and after market handles? This is the most expensive sun shade available on the market - what a disappointment!

Preliminary product rating: C
Sponsored

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
GPCA grab handles, get rid of the mopar ones. They hang too low. Grab handles are cheaper than a top.

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have the GPCA grab handles also and they work great with my JTOP sunshade

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t really call it a design flaw if it doesn’t work with every single accessory out there.

Another for GPCA with the Jtop.

E3C4EE83-F6AF-4453-9F85-97876723D012.jpeg

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'll echo the sentiment on the GPCA grab handles. Folded over, they work great.

IMG_9673.JPG

IMG_9674.JPG

Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Jtop2.jpg
Jtop1.jpg
Jtop3.jpg
I received my Jtop for my 18 JLU yesterday. While I was installing it today, I discovered what I see as a major design flaw.

The first two side straps, closest to the front windshield, are lined up RIGHT where the mounts for the MOPAR grab handles are. I have it installed with the Jtop straps inside the grab handle mounts, which creates a nasty pucker in the roof. Also, when folded back for closing the soft top, this creates a significant sag in the top, right above your field of vision.

I haven't driven with the soft top back yet, but I wanted to post this to see of others had the same problem? How hard is it to move the first to straps back an inch or two around the standard mounting area for MOPAR and after market handles? This is the most expensive sun shade available on the market - what a disappointment!

Preliminary product rating: C
I had the same EXACT thoughts when I got this shade last year!

The straps only needed to be moved an inch or so. I even spoke to the JTops owner a few times and he explained that this configuration was the best spot for these straps and that the shade would not be compatible with everyone’s accessory (even a factory accessory).

I used a luggage strap to help with the saggyness when it is folded back.

I ordered the Bartact grab handles to try this summer to see it improves with these issues.
Sponsored