Sponsored

JLWF + TFLcar Live Interactive Show Coming Thurs. Dec. 21. Submit your requests/questions!

Valentino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Winter Edition
What a review look like Alice in wonderland!! I guess no wonder Jeep gave you a free ride you made it look like the JKU was so bad and old sure you know the JKU 2017 as as well LED lights Ah Ah.. Quote. you said, if it was up to you you would wait for the Jl over getting a deal on the JK because the 2lt was so smooth on the road, come on now.. if you could get a fully loaded jku sahara for below $40 000.00 or a JLU for $ 50 000.00 no brainer.. You mentioned that jeep owner are wealthy enough to swallow the price increase.. time will tell but for sure If I was to spend $50 000.00 on a new car I would get a BMW M2 or a Porche.. Definitely not a stock wrangler FYI this is from a JKU owner AKA love my wrangler winter:)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Great video, I’m really looking forward to episode 2. My personal concern is legroom and headroom, it seems from the video it may be an issue if your 6’0 +. I’m 6’1, hope it’s not to cramped!

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I would like to thank this wonderful team for this video
I would like them to follow the diesel engine news and questions about it.

Note: I would like them to inform the manufacturer that the rear row of the seats appears to be uncomfortable enough to sit, so I would suggest them to the rear seat behind the driver. There is nothing to prevent the seat from being relaxed.

35f182b4b438078.jpg

This is important for comfort, so quality was not at the level of contemplation.

Thank you again.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What a review look like Alice in wonderland!! I guess no wonder Jeep gave you a free ride you made it look like the JKU was so bad and old sure you know the JKU 2017 as as well LED lights Ah Ah.. Quote. you said, if it was up to you you would wait for the Jl over getting a deal on the JK because the 2lt was so smooth on the road, come on now.. if you could get a fully loaded jku sahara for below $40 000.00 or a JLU for $ 50 000.00 no brainer.. You mentioned that jeep owner are wealthy enough to swallow the price increase.. time will tell but for sure If I was to spend $50 000.00 on a new car I would get a BMW M2 or a Porche.. Definitely not a stock wrangler FYI this is from a JKU owner AKA love my wrangler winter:)
Supply and demand. Jeep's done plenty of market research to see what people will pay. Plus, the economy is improving, and if you hadn't noticed, luxury trucks are the fastest growning segment for sales. Jeep's timing is perfect. They have a new product, lots of buzz over it, and an expanding world market. My money says they are right on target and will sell the hell out of these. Better get your new JK while you can. Btw, that's another smart thing they did.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Supply and demand. Jeep's done plenty of market research to see what people will pay. Plus, the economy is improving, and if you hadn't noticed, luxury trucks are the fastest growning segment for sales. Jeep's timing is perfect. They have a new product, lots of buzz over it, and an expanding world market. My money says they are right on target and will sell the hell out of these. Better get your new JK while you can. Btw, that's another smart thing they did.
Was talking to a sales guy at the dealer yesterday and asked if they are worried about moving the JK's once the JL's come out.

He laughed and said it will be easier to move them once the JL is out. Jeep buyers are funny that way.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Thanks all for your questions, we're keeping record! We will try to answer as many as possible during the hour. Keep in mind this will be a show and tell, so anything from small to large you want to see let us know. We'll keep updated with new questions both here and during the live feed.

Happy Jeeping,
Your Friends at The Fast Lane Car
Hey Andre - Will this Jeep make my wife want to drive topless? :)

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Great video, I’m really looking forward to episode 2. My personal concern is legroom and headroom, it seems from the video it may be an issue if your 6’0 +. I’m 6’1, hope it’s not to cramped!
The bigger concern might be the seat not going back far enough similar to the jk. Baffles me that people still think we don't have a lot of tall people around. Probably won't stop me from buying, but it might be an annoyance.

Hatchttu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Thanks all for the Kind words and great questions. Hope this has been of some interest to you guys, and hope to see you again soon.

Happy Jeeping!

Thanks for the video! I’m about 20 mins from boulder! Can I come by and go for a ride with you guys? ;-)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Was nice to see mention that for taller people who drive with their knees akimbo, that we no longer hit the door locks with our knees as they are recessed enough to avoid accidental presses. This still annoys the heck out of me, and was a concern when early interior shots showed up, nice to see it addressed.

Would’ve been nice to see the light pattern difference between JK and JL LEDs head to head, but the mention that they are noticeably better than their previous Rubi’s LEDs is good news, probably end up being the cottage option.

Recycling unanswered questions from the thread would be good for next week’s video, look forward to it, even if have to watch on replay again.

Thanks for the efforts TFL !!

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Everyone was already really positive on the JK LED headlights, so it's nice to hear that the JL's are even better too!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Everyone was already really positive on the JK LED headlights, so it's nice to hear that the JL's are even better too!
Really? I thought they were terrible (the JK's LEDs). They certainly pale in comparison to aftermarket ones that have already been out for a few years.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Really? I thought they were terrible (the JK's LEDs). They certainly pale in comparison to aftermarket ones that have already been out for a few years.
I drove a 2017 Jk with LED's for a week, and I thought they were excellent. They are every bit as good as my Trucklites, and spread the light more evenly.

Last edited:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Since TFL has already done a 0-60 MPH with an auto 2.0L, did they test 0-60 MPH in an auto 3.6?

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Thank you for the video and answering questions for everyone. Something I just thought about today that perhaps you can answer now or answer on next week's video is in regards to the stance of the JL in comparison to the JK. The JK stance was positioned so the front was 1" lower than the rear. I think they did this for aerodynamics but it looks hidious and required a leveling kit to make it look right.
The JL we have been seeing do not seem to have this same stance with the front end lower than the rear. Can you confirm if this is true and if the JL now comes level from the factory? It would be great if I can just throw some 35" tires on my Rubi and not have to get a leveling kit to correct the body stance like I had to on my JK.
Sponsored