First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Is this something that should be done every so often? If so, how often?
I think once it is tuned, you are set. If you change out steel items on your Jeep, I would check your SWR reading again. Example, I will be lifting my JL this weekend and adding the Mopar Tailgate Reinforcement. I will check my SWR again, just to be safe. If you notice any issues over time, check it again.
Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I just wanted to give @CoolTech a big shout out. I have a trip coming up over the weekend and needed a CB. I ordered from Cooltech on Monday morning and asked if there was any way they could get it shipped out quickly. Within an hour, they had it packaged and out. Coming from California to Detroit, I was worried it still wouldn't make it but it arrived yesterday! On my lunch, I installed the mic holder and I'll install the rest tonight and tune it. Thanks a ton again!

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I think once it is tuned, you are set. If you change out steel items on your Jeep, I would check your SWR reading again. Example, I will be lifting my JL this weekend and adding the Mopar Tailgate Reinforcement. I will check my SWR again, just to be safe. If you notice any issues over time, check it again.
Hey....if you wouldn't mind, can you see if you can help me? I installed everything last night and I just tried tuning it and did it the way according to your video.

My issue is channel 40. Channel 1 came out great...set it, checked it and was just under 1.5

Then I did channel 40....set it....then checked it and the needle didn't even move. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or things to check?

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Hey....if you wouldn't mind, can you see if you can help me? I installed everything last night and I just tried tuning it and did it the way according to your video.

My issue is channel 40. Channel 1 came out great...set it, checked it and was just under 1.5

Then I did channel 40....set it....then checked it and the needle didn't even move. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or things to check?
So when you key channel 40, you put the switch back to FWD right? Then try to move the dial while switch is at FWD and the mic is keyed?

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
So when you key channel 40, you put the switch back to FWD right? Then try to move the dial while switch is at FWD and the mic is keyed?
Yes, that's what I was doing. I tried moving the antenna screw out since it was so far in, and that helped. I was able to tune it then. Maybe it was just too far in to get a reading on channel 40.

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
to be clear, the cooltech mount DOES NOT FIT if your spare is a 35 on a stock wheel using an adjusted stock carrier with no additional spacing.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
to be clear, the cooltech mount DOES NOT FIT if your spare is a 35 on a stock wheel using an adjusted stock carrier with no additional spacing.
snapshot_001.jpg

When I mounted my 37s, I had to move the bracket to the bottom and flip it. Works out great.

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
snapshot_001.jpg

When I mounted my 37s, I had to move the bracket to the bottom and flip it. Works out great.
I was going to flip it and quash my OCD into ignoring the upside down JL. but had a bit of an email argument with the sales guy. I emailed days ahead of purchase to verify fitment, was assured it was good. tonight, when I confirmed it doesn't fit as he insisted, he copped an attitude and claimed that I never said what size tire it was (it was spelled out in the only and original question asked) and pretty much chastised me for running such a setup. it was a terrible example of customer service. he sent a return shipping label, per my request. ..... but there isn't really anything else on the market ..... lousy position to be in
Sponsored