bongoray

Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I've had some extra time on my hands during this apocalypse, so I put together a step by step how to install for my GenRight aluminum rock sliders. Note, I don't have any affiliation with GenRight nor do I get paid for any of this. I hope this video helps! Check it out if you're bored and have 15 min to kill. :)

Thanks!
Ray

OP
bongoray

bongoray

Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the video installation, well done. Love the idea of aluminum sliders and no rust. Having seen your install makes me wonder and take pause about GR's mounting idea. I've read where several vendors prefer not to mount to the body because FCA has lightened it up vs the JK. Also wonder if the combined frame and body mounting points are a good idea in the long run. Body and frame seperation for flexing an all. I do know those GR alum sliders look great, are expensive and I hope I've got my concerns all wrong. Couple years down the road we'll probably all know for sure.
Thanks man! I really appreciate the compliments. I really wanted to go with aluminum for the weight savings. We’ll see how they hold up. I wasn’t crazy about drilling into the bodywork, but I know GenRight makes great stuff. They beat on them pretty hard at King of the Hammers. That sold me on the durability, but you’re right. We’ll see. :)

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement