Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
That dealer is lame , They don’t know the difference between regular and all weather mats?. How stupid to mail your refund instead of just getting you the mats that you wanted so many things wrong with this you’re better off getting away from that dealer for their lying.
Now here’s a warning don’t be tempted to go back there for any free oil changes , you will be sorry.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NewHrzns Rubicon JLU
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
That dealer is lame , They don’t know the difference between regular and all weather mats?. How stupid to mail your refund instead of just getting you the mats that you wanted so many things wrong with this you’re better off getting away from that dealer for their lying.
Now here’s a warning don’t be tempted to go back there for any free oil changes , you will be sorry.

Not stepping my foot in that place ever again, definitely not bringing JEEP there..

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Call your Jeep a car and dealers will assume you’re a sucker and pull all kinds of crap like this.
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but you get it now.:like:

OP
OP
NewHrzns Rubicon JLU
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Call your Jeep a car and dealers will assume you’re a sucker and pull all kinds of crap like this.
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but you get it now.:like:
I got it :)

When I came in to buy my Rubicon, I knew way more about the JEEP than my dealer... since we placed factory order right away I kinda stuck with them.. Salesman literally provided ZERO INFORMATION about the JEEP..

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Even my Sport came with those carpet mats. I bought the all weather mats for $95 from eBay. The dealers charge too much for them.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
When I came in to buy my Rubicon, I knew way more about the JEEP than my dealer... since we placed factory order right away I kinda stuck with them.. Salesman literally provided ZERO INFORMATION about the JEEP..
Trust me, this is not unique to that dealer or Jeeps. 99.9% of the time the informed customer knows more than the salesperson.

AK0311

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me: 17 Renegade, Wife: 12 Journey, Kids: 09 Avenger Want: JLUR
Occupation
Retired
If it was me, and as a retiree, I have the time, I'd file a claim for $300 or the mats ordered in small claims court. The $300 figure is the original $150 mats plus three hours of my time at $50/hour tracking down the mats ordered, getting the BS run around and the time to file the claim.

But I'm an A$$**** about things like this. Doesn't help that the only two Jeep dealers in my area have pissed me off, so I'd do it just for $***s and giggles.

Hope you get it sorted out.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
How long have you been trusting any dealer ? That is mistake number one . If you never again trust any dealer , you will be a happier person .
I hate to say it most car salesman are not trust worthy their just trying to make a buck . It took me four Dealerships to have one live up to the agreed price and the one was listed on this website as being 5%below invoice they wasted my time and the sales manager was rude as hell saying we only did that to get JK owners to trade so they could make a killing on those !

Gospeed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sorry you had a bad experience. It shocks me how many dealerships just hire "trolls" or young kids without ANY knowledge. Gives us hard working salesmen a bad rap. We have been selling Jeeps here since 1973 and we have salesmen who have been here for decades. Most of us drive Jeeps and laughed at this situation for being such a blatant disregard for product knowledge. Good luck moving forward with your Jeep life, if you were closer to us, we would love to help you out in the future!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Sorry you had a bad experience. It shocks me how many dealerships just hire "trolls" or young kids without ANY knowledge. Gives us hard working salesmen a bad rap. We have been selling Jeeps here since 1973 and we have salesmen who have been here for decades. Most of us drive Jeeps and laughed at this situation for being such a blatant disregard for product knowledge. Good luck moving forward with your Jeep life, if you were closer to us, we would love to help you out in the future!
In Cali , no one knows anything .

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Doesn't help that the only two Jeep dealers in my area have pissed me off
Only a fool dealer would cheat a Marine . If they cheat a Marine , they'll lose business from other Marines and supporters of Marines . lol .

With Marines , dealers ought to say : "Yes Sir" , and "No Sir" , and "Thank you Sir" .

I'm with you , ( although I was merely Army , I always support all Marines ).

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sadly so typical. I want to believe there are competent professional Dealerships and car salesman but it is so hard sometimes. My father was a car salesman and manager when I was a kid ( many decades ago).. I loved going to the dealership with him and watched how he interacted with new and old customers who returned. He seemed to know everything about Chrysler Products and really cared about his customers . Not happening today.
Bottom line you got screwed .
My journey trying to buy this Jeep was incredibly bad. After several months and several dealerships I finally found the Jeep I wanted and made the deal on a fully loaded Rubicon at over 56K on the window. Every option except heated seats and heated steering wheel.
Two bags in plastic in the back of the Jeep on delivery. Salesman told me they were for stowing packages and groceries when going to the market ( Bags were for the removable tops). All weather floor mats in the Jeep however they had a large hole in them that I had no idea what it was for but I felt having a large hole in an all weather floor mat was a bit stupid. Went back the next day and the salesman apologized and removed another plastic bag from another Jeep with all weather mats and when we tried to use them, same issue. No one knew why there was hole in the floor mats. I came to this site and soon found out they had failed to remove the floor board plug in the Jeep and replace it in the mat . When I returned to the dealership they took me to the parts manager and he could find nothing to explain the situation. When I tried to explain that there is a plug in the floor board that i believe should have been placed in the mat he replied ( Oh ya everything you read on the inter net is true!) I'm 65 years old and I so wanted to meet that guy after work behind the bleachers for a "discussion" about his smart mouth but i acted like an adult. I stormed out of there with him saying he would check with Jeep and let me know. Several hours later he called to tell me to remove the plug from the floor board and place it in the mat which i did.
The depths of the ignorance of some or perhaps most car salesman is huge. Perhaps a generational thing but to be totally ignorant about the product you are selling really irks me. I usually start every car buying adventure with a speech to the salesperson about if you do not know the answer to my questions do not make something up and try and BS me. I have no issue with people learning things but i can't stand to be bs'd and treated like I am an idiot.
Just turn over the floor mats and they are suddenly all weather floor mats, WOW! If that guy worked for me he would be working in the wash bay the following day until he demonstrated some knowledge of the Jeeps he was washing .

And yes I would not go near that place for anything. They do not like being called out to the Head Office. They can and will get even at the first opportunity.

Jeepclan

First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler rubicon jlu
That is not correct ! We ordered the weather floor mats for the $150 and we got the nice rubber ones. You need to call Jeep directly or talk to the head of the dealer !

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
These are the mats I purchased yesterday. Here is the picture of what came with the vehicle and the " turn them over" option..

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG
Dealer ripped you off. He owes you the correct RUBBER mats or a $150 refund. I hate shady dealerships. Mine has been awesome. Sorry they tried to take advantage of you.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Thank you for your concern . I couldn't believe the salesman at these Dealerships they had no clue what they were selling I knew more then they did it was a joke and it wasn't just young kids . If I hadn't ordered a Jeep yet I would consider purchasing from you the sad part is I've been trying to purchase a new Jeep since 2001 every time the salesman jack me around so I said to hell with it .
Sponsored