Sponsored

JLU Rubicon comes without floor mats?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
It’s actually simple- when I worked for a dealer years ago, it was fairly common practice to “borrow” items from cars when a customer negotiated. If they wanted all weather mats and none were in parts, you found a stock vehicle and grabbed them to make someone happy. Then you put in the order and made made sure that you put the new parts in that other vehicle.

However, that assumes that people are paying attention. Many many sales persons would borrow on the side and selectively forget to mention to the boss. Over time it catches up when people like you take delivery.

What they should have done was correct it, but you found a crappy dealer that would rather argue than just settle for accepting a 70 buck hit to his parts department.

And just a side note- the workaround that most dealers do is to rob from used cars. There’s always a trade in with all weather mats or some removeable part. No loss in stock and the new car buyer doesn’t know it’s a used part. Always ask for it to be in plastic... Seeing that this is a new vehicle type, there was likely no used ones to rob from, so yours was pilfered to appease someone else.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Make sure you tell them you order the OEM all weather mats that are all black plastic mats, not the after market all weather mats that have the red "Jeep" lettering on the black plastic mats. Make it ruff on them, they are trying to pull a slick one on you.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
IMG_1048.JPG
I have the complete cargo mat, the one that goes on the back of the seats. It does not have carpet on one side. It's all rubber.
I can't even find mine online. But I do have the rail system, which I wouldn't have ordered but the dealer did.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I am new here and new to Jeep family all together.
Got our first Jeep Wrangler 2 weeks ago and you can definitely say it was love at first sight.

Although the car is amazing I had an absolutely awful purchase experience, but lets get down to the point here...
You do understand that God just killed 4 kittens because you called your Jeep a car 4 times. Save the kittens and refer to it as a Jeep ;)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
My JLU Rubicon was a factory order with all perks and All Weather floor mats that are 150$ extra. When I received the car 2 weeks ago, there were regular carpet mats with Jeep logo.
How long have you been trusting any dealer ? That is mistake number one . If you never again trust any dealer , you will be a happier person .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Hello everyone, I am new here and new to Jeep family all together.
Got our first Jeep Wrangler 2 weeks ago and you can definitely say it was love at first sight.

Although the car is amazing I had an absolutely awful purchase experience, but lets get down to the point here.

My JLU Rubicon was a factory order with all perks and All Weather floor mats that are 150$ extra. When I received the car 2 weeks ago, there were regular carpet mats with Jeep logo. With all previous cars that we had All weather floor mats were Rubber mats so I inquired about Rubber mats from the dealer.

For 2 weeks dealer was making all kind of excuses that Mats are on backorder and bla bla bla.. Yesterday I finally stopped by to be done with this issue.
After long and unpleasant conversation I was EXTREMELY surprised when Manager of the dealership told me that Carpet mats that I have are ALL WEATHER and I just need to turn them up side down... For a moment here I felt stupid since I haven't tried that option, but when we went out to try it - the floor mats don't even fit properly into the clipping points nor into cut outs for the back seats!

My next questions to the dealer was : If these are 150$ all weather mats, then what mats are included if you don't add this option? -----> Apparently JLU Rubicon comes without MATS at all!!!! Is this true ? Is this true that this awesome car comes without any floor mats from the factory?

I purchased All weather rubber mats yesterday, with dealers discount but it still was over 100$..

I will appreciate if anyone of Jeep enthusiasts could share their experience concerning this issue!
Anyone got their car WITHOUT floor mats at all if 150$ option wasn't selected?

I will be calling Jeep Office today since this seem ridiculous to me..

Sorry it came out long, any comment on the situation is appreciated!
He is a lying sack of shit, the rubber mats are $150 they have no carpet on above or below, go back and don’t leave until they pay you back. It’s on the jeep.com website

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
You do understand that God just killed 4 kittens because you called your Jeep a car 4 times. Save the kittens and refer to it as a Jeep ;)
Someone who drives a car is called a driver or a motorist. Someone who drives a Jeep is called a _________ or a __________.

Have at it.

64212D23-F3D6-435B-B732-6736152BDB0B.jpeg

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Yoi shoild nhave jusy bought them later. I fot mine for like $93

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I got my ALL WEATHER MATS for 85$ on amazon. They were cheap because they were the first model but in good luck They just sent out the REVISED version with the proper drain sealing. Posted about it on my blog with link to product.

http://www.myjlproject.com/blog/installed-mopar-all-weather-floor-mats/

I ordered some on amazon too for around thay price. I figured they'd be the old version. I didn't care as I wanted to saw off the drain part so I could just place over the carpet. When I looked at the paet number, they actually sent the new version

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I ordered some on amazon too for around thay price. I figured they'd be the old version. I didn't care as I wanted to saw off the drain part so I could just place over the carpet. When I looked at the paet number, they actually sent the new version
Right. Not only do you pay less, you also receive the factory carpet mats that are otherwise deleted when you order the all weather from the factory.

OP
OP
NewHrzns Rubicon JLU
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thanks everyone for the input.

Called Jeep customer service and they reached out to the dealership. Got a call from head manager of the dealership - they have mailed the cheque with refund for floor mats that I have purchased twice.

Will be writing Google review about this " experience"
People should be aware of this scam.
Sponsored